“Italian dressing” chicken quarters

I seem to recall the “Rice-a-Roni” hack from some time back, then I forgot about it, I LOVE that stuff!! I’m cutting that one out for later enjoyment Brett!

Now, as for Beets, I’ve gone really back to caveman in the last few years, wash, trim tops and tips, toss in olive oil salt and pepper either throw on the grill (indirect) or, roast on a foil covered sheet pan (easier cleanup) 400* until desired tenderness. I just scrub them anymore, the skin is just added fiber and this too will pass.
I had a beet risotto recipe that was baked and was pretty good and fairly simple, I’ll have to see if I can find it!

Gotcha. These are not a thing outside of the major cities in the East. I will submit myself to Jeffrey Bezos for some.
Any small vermicelli like this should work. Just not a rice noodle or bean thread noodle. Classic semolina will work. I’ve found angel hair to be too big and gummy when cooked in this dish.

I see you’re in upstate NY. Any Mexican grocer or Latin grocery should have this. I’m CA, MX food is a staple. Bigger than burgers and fries. Of course.

Look tasty!

I made Italian dressing breasts on Monday. II used the last of some homemade dressing we has that needed to be used as a marinade. I vac packed them and let them marinate over night. Grilled on the Q1200.

Look tasty!

I made Italian dressing breasts on Monday. II used the last of some homemade dressing we has that needed to be used as a marinade. I vac packed them and let them marinate over night. Grilled on the Q1200.
that's expert level using the vacsealer. i'm jelly. i don't own one. wife will probably kill me if i buy anything else this year.

that's expert level using the vacsealer. i'm jelly. i don't own one. wife will probably kill me if i buy anything else this year.
Ever hear of a vacuum tumbler marinator? We have an old Reveo Marivac from years ago...it works well, but a lot of effort to stow and retrieve.

1676676898684.png

Ever hear of a vacuum tumbler marinator? We have an old Reveo Marivac from years ago...it works well, but a lot of effort to stow and retrieve.

View attachment 66407
new to me. i just use ziplock bags and squeeze the air out. or marinate overnight/24 hours. i did remember to dry brine my chicken this AM. quartered, salted and exposed in the fridge. i'll have to learn about your device/method here.

new to me. i just use ziplock bags and squeeze the air out. or marinate overnight/24 hours. i did remember to dry brine my chicken this AM. quartered, salted and exposed in the fridge. i'll have to learn about your device/method here.
TBH, I don't think it's any better or any worse than any other method, just another arrow in the quiver. We bought this at the real Gun Show when it used to be at the Pomona Fairgrounds.

Vacuum marinating is fun to watch...all those bubbles coming out of the meat! We had some vacuum dishes from FoodSaver, too, but every stinkin' one of them failed at some point.

post any pics of you cook this, please.
I cooked the riceOroni tonight with a few small twists.

I used jasmine rice as this was what I had.
I broke angel hair pasta into small half inch or so pieces as this was what I had.
I used Costco chicken stock.
I used salted butter with canola oil.
I added some ground mustard instead of seeds.

It was an excellent change to go along with grilled chicken.

With salted butter and salt free stock, I added two pinches of salt. It could have used a third pinch I think.

It was quick and easy and my youngest picky eater enjoyed it.

20230218_183038.jpg20230218_183728_06.jpg20230218_190331.jpg20230218_191240.jpg

I cooked the riceOroni tonight with a few small twists.

I used jasmine rice as this was what I had.
I broke angel hair pasta into small half inch or so pieces as this was what I had.
I used Costco chicken stock.
I used salted butter with canola oil.
I added some ground mustard instead of seeds.

It was an excellent change to go along with grilled chicken.

With salted butter and salt free stock, I added two pinches of salt. It could have used a third pinch I think.

It was quick and easy and my youngest picky eater enjoyed it.

View attachment 66469View attachment 66470View attachment 66471View attachment 66472
The mustard seeds are a texture and taste ingredient. When you eat a forkful of the rice, the mustard seed gives a little pop in your mouth. You don’t really taste the mustard flavor. I adapted the mustard seeds from an Indian lemon rice dish I occasionally make.

The mustard seeds are a texture and taste ingredient. When you eat a forkful of the rice, the mustard seed gives a little pop in your mouth. You don’t really taste the mustard flavor. I adapted the mustard seeds from an Indian lemon rice dish I occasionally make.
I went easy on spices. My youngest is picky and I wanted to ease into it. He liked it.

thanks, @Rich Dahl.

beets are super versatile. eat them as a side, in a salad, add to a soup, toss in some vinegar for additional flavor and shelf life (in the fridge). as a kid, no one would eat beets. my parents bought them in cans or jars. fresh cooked ones are so good. a great alternative to a potato or broccoli or cauliflower. kinda get bored of the same sides all the time. so beets freshen up the meal. oh, shredded too as an appetizer. along with hummus, or egg salad. just a bunch of small sides for a lunch is good too.
Great i used it was great also i use beans and varitary i have the bbq in my convesations that i have how did you get the name of each Kettle and bbq

I seem to recall the “Rice-a-Roni” hack from some time back, then I forgot about it, I LOVE that stuff!! I’m cutting that one out for later enjoyment Brett!

Now, as for Beets, I’ve gone really back to caveman in the last few years, wash, trim tops and tips, toss in olive oil salt and pepper either throw on the grill (indirect) or, roast on a foil covered sheet pan (easier cleanup) 400* until desired tenderness. I just scrub them anymore, the skin is just added fiber and this too will pass.
I had a beet risotto recipe that was baked and was pretty good and fairly simple, I’ll have to see if I can find it!
I know the feeling i now use rice for alot meals i try to stay away from the package rice like ricearoni and others because or the sodium contents i get the real rice and mix alot different veggies and with chicken or beef or just veggies i make some great meals that are tasty just let your imagination take you to wild meals lol

Back