Back At It

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It's been a stressful week or so here in the Perrin household.
Even though I've technically been unemployed since April 1, it became official yesterday, as my disability ran out.
I went to the surgeon yesterday morning and got cleared to go back to work.
However, the company that bought the branch system, where I'd worked for for 20+ years, didn't have a position for me. :mad:
Then, I found out that they needed help in the warehouse.
I applied, but the boss either wasn't willing to hire me for that or was holding out for another position for me.
I found out today that it was the latter!
There is a brand new, customer service position that he wants me to take!
I'll still be going around to all the customers, just in a pick up, not a commercial truck!
And only small deliveries!
But the best part is that he got the new company to NOT post it on their website as being available because he wants me for the job!
I'm feeling better about things now.
I'm not sure when the job opens up, but I've been driving for Uber the last 2 days, and will until it opens up!
Now, who needs a ride? ;)

Len, if you'd like to be wanted, we can probably arrange to post your picture in the Post Office.....

Phil, that's some awfully good news.

Phil, That sounds like great news. Hopefully this will be An awesome job and you’ll be able to look back and realize sometimes happen for a reason, even if we have a hard time seeing it. Sounds like it’s almost time to fire up the grill and celebrate.

Happy to hear that Phil! Light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a semi coming at you. Best of luck to you.

Thanks everyone!
Can you handle even MORE good news?
I had a job interview today and aced it! I've been offered a job with another company!
Here's my dilemma. I'm not sure when the job is opening up at the new company.
The offer I got today pays less, but I'll get commissions.
So, do I work harder for less salary, but commissions or do I take the job that's less physical but better base pay?

That’s a decision only you can make Phil. If I were you I’d think over you’re recent injury, the difficult rehab and your recent scare thinking you might be left holding the bag with nothing. Sometimes “a bird in the hand is worth......” you know the rest. Good luck with your decision Phil!

Ok, best news yet! They offered me the customer service job with the new company!
AND, I'll make more per hour!
It doesn't open up until the 30th, so I'll be doing the Uber thing for a couple more weeks.
This is ok, because I'm getting the job that I preferred.
I have 20+ years experience with batteries and I already know most of the customers.
I know squat about solvents and parts washing machines.

And, it's officially official! I passed my drug screen and background check. Duh.
I start next Monday, the 30th!
While it's been fun and interesting Ubering these last 3 weeks, it'll be nice to have a real job with benefits and stuff!

That is good news. I didn't know you were doing Uber. You will have to write about those experiences. I have often thought about doing it on a limited basis but really don't like strangers in my car. I don't mind dealing with people. Have fun with it actually. But stuffing them into my own car as opposed to a Delta airplane (former Delta flight attendant) not so much :D

Phil it shows good things happen to good people. You must have been respected for that boss to out on a limb for you, which I say kudos to you.
Congrats Phil.

That is good news. I didn't know you were doing Uber. You will have to write about those experiences. I have often thought about doing it on a limited basis but really don't like strangers in my car. I don't mind dealing with people. Have fun with it actually. But stuffing them into my own car as opposed to a Delta airplane (former Delta flight attendant) not so much :D

It's been fun, actually! A lot of people acknowledge me and don't say another word until I drop them off. Some people never stop yakking and it's great!
I've talked about the Panthers, the weather, religion, life in general, business. Pretty much everything but politics. Too divisive.
I picked up a drunk guy last week at one of the local Sam's clubs. He said that his girlfriend had given him money to go get drunk, then got mad when he did just so! Said that she needed the money for bills.
Whatever! Had a great time talking to the guy.
However, I noticed a notification on the app later in the day.
The fare was taken back because I apparently "picked up the wrong person"!
WHAT!!!!
It was only $4 and I'm thinking that the girlfriend got mad that he spent the money, THEN used her Uber account to go home.
It was only $4, but I was upset about it at the time.

The drunk people are what "scares" me. Would not like some smelly drunk who might puke inside my car. :D I can yak it up with people just fine. I learned a long time ago even if you don't agree just say "that's a great point" or something to that effect and they're your pal for life :D

The drunk people are what "scares" me. Would not like some smelly drunk who might puke inside my car. :D I can yak it up with people just fine. I learned a long time ago even if you don't agree just say "that's a great point" or something to that effect and they're your pal for life :D

If he had been sloppy, I probably wouldn't have let him in.
And sloppy drunks are why I only work 6:15 AM to 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
Now, stinky people are a whole different story!
I picked up a guy Monday morning. I'm not sure which was worse.
His BO or the cheap cologne he was wearing!
I immediately went to Target and bought some Febreeze!
I had to use it yesterday morning too.
Picked up a lady at an internet gaming place.
She was exhaling her cigarette as she was getting in the back seat.
Now, I'm a former cigarette smoker, but I can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke anymore!
That, and the excessive perfume were gagging me pretty bad!
Right after I dropped her at her apartment, I went to another part of the parking lot and Febreezed again!

Back