Marinated Pork Rib Chops and Potato Cups

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Kicked off Labor Day Weekend with my favorite type of pork chops. Sided them up with Potato Cups and some Parmesan Asparagus. Here's the pictures.

Got a family pack of these at Safeway. Loin rib chops.

enhance

Did an 8 hour marinade. Soy Sauce, oil, water, minced garlic and lemon pepper.

enhance

Later in the day I got to work on the sides. First the Potato Cups.

Sliced the Russets 1/16" inch. Salt and peppered.

enhance

Mixed heavy cream with thyme sprig, chopped garlic and ground nutmeg. Brought to simmer and pulled thyme.

enhance

Put potato slices in standard muffin cups. Filled with the cream mixture and topped with grated Parmesan.

enhance

The potatoes took about a half hour so got them rolling first.

enhance

Used my 26er for the asparagus and chops.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Potatoes done.

enhance

Plated. Mixed asparagus with some grated Parmigiano Reggiano

enhance

The pork was wonderful. We really liked the marinade. Sides were pretty darned good too. All in all I was pleased with the cook. Our thoughts are out to you folks struggling on the east coast. Hope conditions improve soon. Thank you all for looking.

The good news, everything looks terrific!
The bad news, you make me feel like such a slacker. :)

We prefer rib chops too, but I usually bread and pan fry them, might change that next time.

Like all of it, nice cook. Those potato cups have me very interested. I'll have to have Barb scope out the chops at Safeway when she goes in to work tomorrow.

Cliff, that dinner is way over the top. Chops fantastic and the potato cups awesome, going to give both a try. Thanks for sharing this great meal with us.

Everything looks amazing. My wife wants to do the potato cups for a family gathering. Do you have a recipe you could share?

Back