Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: New Weber pellet grills for 2020

If they could devise a way to cover the hopper temporarily during cooking, they could create smoke at a much higher temp. It would still limit the oxygen that way.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

And it leads back to white puffy smoke vrs thin blue smoke.

Smoldering smoke vrs chunk/splits in flame.

And I don't think there's definite answer.

I had begun to think that pellet poopers did not produce a lot of visible smoke because they burned so clean. Which is not a bad thing, I don't see smoke from my stick burner when it's running clean.

And I had to wonder if the complaints by pellet pooper owners about the lack of smoke flavor, was somewhat influenced by no visible smoke from the cooker.

But chunk/charcoal smokers have always produced white puffy smoke.

Soooo, its whatever suits the individuals taste.
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

All I know is that if you are putting out blue smoke, you are burning oil, while smoke is coolant.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

I know the flavorizer bars are Weber's signature. On some other pellet grills, the drip pan/heat dissipator is easy to cover with foil. With the flavorizer bars, it seems like the bottom of the grill will collect grease and need to be scraped out regularly. Maybe we can put aluminum foil on the bottom and replace it after a few cooks. I guess until we see SmokeFire in action, we won't know for sure.

TVWBB All-Star
    Not sure anyone posted this video yet but Harry Soo was invited back in November when they were kicking this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr95fKaxpgM

That's a very informative video. I'm liking the engineering the more I learn. His shots of the pellet hopper interior, burn pot, and exhaust vents answered some questions I had.
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5" and 18.5" WSM, SS Performer, CB Rotisserie, Camp Chef Smokepro DLX (Modified) Pellet Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Not sure anyone posted this video yet but Harry Soo was invited back in November when they were kicking this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr95fKaxpgM
    Thanks Brian. Yes, Harry's videos about SmokeFire were posted back in November in this thread, posts 312, 348, and 347.

I had ordered aluminum pans for the EX6 and they were supposed to ship today, got an email from Amazon that they are also delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I had ordered aluminum pans for the EX6 and they were supposed to ship today, got an email from Amazon that they are also delayed.
    So THAT's the hold up, those little aluminum pans and not production issues or app programming!
    18.5" 22.5"

Quote Originally Posted by J Grotz View Post
    So THAT's the hold up, those little aluminum pans and not production issues or app programming!
    Hell I was just hoping something would ship.

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast