Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weber Summit Platinum D6

Weber Summit Platinum D6

This past weekend I acquired a new to me Summit D6. This was from a good friend who moved and the house he moved to had a wolf built in.

As you can see she needs some TLC.

This week I purchased: burners, flavorizer, igniter, knobs, wheels, and a lot of degreaser.

I also through my friend was able to reach out to Weber and aquire a new lid and cook box under warranty. After next weekend ( God Willing) I should have this beauty as good as new.

More to come.
    Last edited by SDias; 08-19-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Welcome to TVWBB!

I am not a fan of the current Summits, but that model is a much better one and the Platinum version you picked up is the best! Sounds like you are willing to put the time and money into this project, so in time you will have one really nice extra large grill. Hopefully you can keep the pictures coming. If possible try to use a photo sharing option where the pictures are posted right in your thread. Imgur.com is a popular one here.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB Pro
    Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to seeing pictures when you are done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Welcome to TVWBB!

I am not a fan of the current Summits, but that model is a much better one and the Platinum version you picked up is the best! Sounds like you are willing to put the time and money into this project, so in time you will have one really nice extra large grill. Hopefully you can keep the pictures coming. If possible try to use a photo sharing option where the pictures are posted right in your thread. Imgur.com is a popular one here.
    Thanks Jon,

I am totally a newb when it comes to this.
    I fixed it. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SDias View Post
    I fixed it. Let me know if I'm on the right track.
    You're on the right track, but not quite there.....
    In Imgur, copy the BBCode link and paste that into your post. Then the picture will appear in the post without a link.
    Gen 3 Performer, 26" Gen 2 Performer, 2001 Genesis Gold C, 18 WSM

That is a nice score! The all stainless one (good kind) makes it an even rarer one!
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Meyer View Post
    You're on the right track, but not quite there.....
    In Imgur, copy the BBCode link and paste that into your post. Then the picture will appear in the post without a link.
    GOT IT! Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by SDias View Post
    GOT IT! Thanks for the help.
    That's great! We will all enjoy seeing more pictures of your progress as you rehab this very promising candidate. I think you landed a special one for sure! Best wishes and don't hesitate to throw out questions that most likely someone here has already dealt with in the past. Hopefully, we can save you time and mistakes and make the process more enjoyable.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

With those new parts that'll be one nice cooker

Well yesterday the mailman(FedEx Guy) brought me some nice goodies.

The logo on the Lid I'm not a fan of and not going to use. Ill just have to clean up the original and swap them out.

I also received replacement Wheels, wheel caps and all of the replacement knobs. Not sure if the knobs were different colors originally but I might have to fix that.

More to come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast