My first smoker purchase. Is this a real WSM? it is worth $75?

TonyVH

Found this near me for $75. Seller said no sign of weber logo anywhere, and it does not have a thernometer like the pictures i've seen for WSM. Seller also said it is 18.5"
JG06bfZ.jpg
nlrugc1.jpg

mSuCJly.jpg

Q8oPNey.jpg

Really nice! It looks like they used the water bowl as a charcoal pan because the charcoal bowl is pristine.

Tim

You do have the option of buying new grates if you want from Amazon. Newer ones have built-in handles to make it easier to lift.

Really nice! It looks like they used the water bowl as a charcoal pan because the charcoal bowl is pristine.

Tim

My first thought was that the whole unit has not had much use. Water pan looks to me like it was used for
water but covered in foil, and the charcoal bottom was just cleaned very well. The ring and grates seem
be in excellent shape also. The only odd thing about this unit is it has the incorrect door. But a steal all day
long. Nice score.

It sure looks real to me. Would love to hear what the date stamp is. If Weber isn't on the handle then the wood handles are replacements. They look new in the picture and i've made a few replacements. The water pan has a little hole in the lip. This from The Virtual Bullet where Chris solves the mystery.
"Q: Why is there a small hole in the edge of the water pan?
A: The water pan is hung by this hole during the porcelain enamel finishing process at the factory."

Back