Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis 2000 Rehab-When Enough is Way too Much

TVWBB Fan

Genesis 2000 Rehab-When Enough is Way too Much

You all saw my other post asking about knobs and wheels on the 1995 2000 I recently acquired. I'll use this post to document (scientifically!:') the completion. Here's a few picks as received. Nothing really remarkable, just an old dirty grill:

I'm really not a big gasser guy,but do appreciate them and like to fix them up. I have an 2001 Gold C I rebuilt in 2012, and have used maybe 20 times since-I'm more of a charcoal guy. I recently retired and picked up the 2000 really just to have something to mess around with when I'm at the house. I plan to offer it for sale, but will probably end up keeping it and giving the C to family.

So, as to the title of the post, I decided to paint the manifold, which looked something like what you've all seen:

Being a mediocre car detailer, I thought that could use some work and ended up with this:

I'm going to need a lot more brushes for the drill and dremel tool if I keep doing grills.
    Gen 3 Performer, 26" Gen 2 Performer, 2001 Genesis Gold C, 18 WSM

TVWBB Fan
    WOW Ralph, that looks amazing! I would not have that kind of patience. Great Job.

Yep, best Genny 1000-5000 manifold I have seen. I never spend much time on the manifold on my rehabs. They are essentially hidden from view and a little surface rust isn't going to hurt them. But, heck, I got a couple spots on the front of the rocker panels on my truck that need some TLC like that Richard. Too bad you don't live near me.

Looking again at that minfold, I think it might look better now than when it was new. I can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the grill.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

That’s one elegant manifold! I am with Bruce both in wishing you could do something with my vehicle and very interested in how the rest of your grill comes together. Great start!
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 CharQ,Q2200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, SJ. 2 many projects!

TVWBB Member
    Amazing job. I think you just raised the bar
    '93 2000 Redhead '99 3000 Blue Lid '05 q200

Great looking manifold. For flippers that will reduce our average pay
    from 50 cents per hour to about 40 cents per hour.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

TVWBB Pro
    Great job! Looking forward to see pictures of the rest of the rehab.

TVWBB Fan
    Question, are those NEW gas Values, or did you clean up the old ones...?
    Weber E 320 Genesis Black NG, then converted over to Propane.... right side controls

TVWBB Fan

What about wood?

My 2000 rehab is coming along, but am wondering what everyone's preferences are about wood......

Knots or no knots??? I think I like some-more rustic and maybe hand crafted feeling. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a woodshop..

A few pics of progress. The handle came out pretty well, but is a little splotchy, even after cleaning and bleaching.

Gen 3 Performer, 26" Gen 2 Performer, 2001 Genesis Gold C, 18 WSM

TVWBB Pro
    If you put that in someplace like Home Depot I bet a lot of people would think it was a new grill.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast