Fresh Northwest Halibut For Dinner

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Went to Costco a few days ago and was glad to see the had some fresh wild Pacific Halibut displayed. My wife spotted one she liked and we bought it. Didn't have to wait too long to hit the grill. Sided it up with some very small red new potatoes and some baby carrots. Here's a few pictures.

This was the nicest Halibut fillet I've seen in a long time. 2.39 lbs.

enhance

Split the fillet into three individual pieces. Two went in the freezer and the nicest one I split for our dinner. I combined very soft butter with lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill weed and salt and pepper. Slathered on the meat and let is rest in the fridge while I worked on the sides.

enhance

Halved the potatoes and rolled them in some olive oil, minced onion and some chopped garlic.

enhance

Oiled the carrots and salt and pepper only.

enhance

Potatoes on for about 30 minutes.

enhance

Carrots about 15.

enhance

enhance

Halibut on the Grillgrates, flipping it once.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

The halibut was the best I've ever done. Wonderful, soft, flaky texture. The fillets were right around a half pound each. I was pleased with the sides too. Another cook in the books. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Beautiful! Some green veggies would make that perfect rainbow of healthy dinner!

I don't remember ever grilling fish, after seeing this I think that's going to change. Great cook Cliff.

Perfectly done Cliff! I like how you used the herbed butter to season it, I imagine that worked out as good as you'd hoped.

Excellent looking meal Cliff!

Left over halibut makes great sandwiches too. Mix it up just like tuna. Or just serve it on a bun as is with tarter sauce, tomato and lettuce.

Halibut is perfectly cooked, congrats! (Halibut is a treasure) I've yet to BBQ carrots, I've seen you do it a number of times, I need to give it a try

Cliff first rate meal I love the flavor of grilled fish, your plate looks like it was made for me,thanks you shouldn't have.

Cliff, Rich is right there's going to be some fish in the near future for us. That cook is over the top, awesome job.

Back