Pork Rib Chops and Twice Stuffed Butternut Squash

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Wrapped up my latest round of cooks the other night. We were in the mood for Pork Chops so I went to a couple of markets and couldn't find any thick cut rib chops, which are my favorite, so we stopped by Safeway and the butcher there had just cut up some beauties, about 1 inch thick. Bought a couple and went to work. I've been saving this squash recipe for a while now and decided to pair them with the chops along with a small dish of Weber's Scalloped Potatoes.

As usual I got going on the sides first. Sliced the russets about an 1/8th of an inch, made a white sauce and used my 2 qt. DO for the cook.

enhance

Halved the squash and baked for around an hour on one of my 22's.

enhance

Rubbed the chops down with Paprika, Salt and Pepper.

enhance

Back to the squash, scooped the flesh out of all four halves, threw away one of the skins.

enhance

Placed the flesh in a large bowl and mixed in S & P, chopped fresh sage, Greek Yogurt, goat cheese and some Panko bread crumbs.

enhance

Got the potatoes going before proceeding with the second half of the squash cook.

enhance

Chops on for a couple minutes a side and then moved them over to indirect until around 160. Overshot is by a minute or two as I was looking for 140 - 145.

enhance

enhance

Gave the stuffed squash around 20 minutes more.

enhance

Potatoes took around 1 1/4 hours.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Wow, these Rib Chops were amazing. Moist and really flavorful. The twice baked squash was a hit as well. I've been doing these Weber Scalloped Potatoes for years and they always keep me coming back. Hope you all have a great weekend and thank you once again for looking.

What a great dinner! Everything looks super - especially those chops. Really like the way you did the squash.

Over the top again, outstanding cook Cliff. That is one yummy looking plate and I'm sure you took care of it.

Back