Pork tenderloin on kettle rotisserie

Dustin_G

TVWBB Member
2nd time doing this cook, but didn't overcook it this time, and had the coals off to the side instead of directly under the meat. Coal placement doesn't matter much with this cook I think, the meat is so lean it's not really dripping much, if at all. The single set of prongs, even though they're not going through the meat, help hold it in place and make sure it spins with the spit.

I folded the tenderloin in half and tied it up. Rubbed with Hardcore Carnivore 'Red', and used two chunks of hickory for smoke. Had my temp probe on the grate opposite the coals, cooked for about half an hour with that probe reading around 350*F. The dome thermometer was directly over the coals are was reading quite a bit higher. Took about half an hour, took it off with an internal temp of 160*F. Turned out great! Still a little pink in the center (pic below isn't true to color, wasn't that pink in person), juicy, tender, good stuff.

TEte3hn.jpg

ULmjch3.jpg

Looks really good! I've been smoking tenderloins lately as well. Can't really beat it for a nice quick smoke and pretty darn cheap too. I

You nailed it !!!!

I've got a jar of that Jess Pryle's Carnivore RED rub.

It's killer on salmon, flounder and shrimp. I'll give it a run on some pork soon.

For some reason, I just recently discovered that there's a difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin.

Still learning years later. :eek:

Back