$2 Firehouse Subs pickle buckets for brining

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I know lots of people use orange Homer buckets for brining, but they're not made of food safe plastic, they don't include a lid, and they cost about $3.

If you live near a Firehouse Subs restaurant, you can buy one of their used pickle buckets in stylish red with white lid for a donation of only $2, which helps support public safety programs and life-saving equipment.

And we've got instructions on how to remove the pickle smell: http://virtualweberbullet.com/plastics.html#odors

IMG_80362_zpsvlgmgh7h.jpg

I'm lucky, I have a fabulous bakery just down the street where I get brining buckets for $2 in either "big whitey" or slightly smaller oval formats. The smaller is perfect for a 16lb. turkey!

Can also get used "wine" buckets from u-brew (actually u-vintner?) places where you can make your own wine. They are also food safe and are used for the wine concentrates.

"Your donation helps first responders and public safety organizations"

Nice!! the 2 buck cost is worth it right there!

You have an excellent point Jim, the next time I go to GR or Holland, I will pick up a few.
They are quite stylish indeed Chris! Will the red clash with my recently acquired genesis silver B in Blue? Probably not enough for me to mind.

Back