Picked up a sweet Genesis Gold last night!

ShawnOen

Found this on our local Facebook "Garage sale" group.

Picked it up last night. Cleaned it up a bit after work today and its better than expected! A little Simple Green, some oven cleaner and a green abrasive pad....done! Fired it up and grilled burgers with it right after!

There is a bit of corrosion on the bottom panel of the storage area. Looks like a couple rivets holding it on, I might try and order a replacement. I'm thinking I'll order stainless grates and flavorizer bars. And possibly replace the center stainless lid with a black one (personal preference). Seems like the stainless lid must be thinner than the black one because it has an extra head shield or something inside my black ones doesn't have.

According to the seriel number is a 2005 USA made Genesis Gold C. Same year as my current Genesis Silver A!

Best of all, price = FREE!

Couple I picked it up from got it free from their parents and "bought something newer" and wanted it gone ASAP, LOL!

IMG_6568_zpspp1yjagh.jpg

IMG_6569_zpszy9n0ybr.jpg

IMG_6570_zpsmj2dbutk.jpg

IMG_6571_zps4jmqjcnt.jpg

IMG_6572_zps1fj6hoqs.jpg

IMG_6573_zpsuqbhafuw.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. The inner shield on top is to keep the Stainless Steel from becoming discolored due to the heat. This isn't a concern with porcelain coated lids.

Do you have a close up pic showing the corrosion of the bottom panel ?

Last edited:
You can see it there in the last pic. They are circular spots that seem to have generated from the holes in the bottom panel. I'm guessing those were intended as drainage?

Very nice and the price was pretty decent too! You'll get many good years out of that grill.

You can see it there in the last pic. They are circular spots that seem to have generated from the holes in the bottom panel. I'm guessing those were intended as drainage?

Oh, those don't look bad at all. Do you have an angle grinder ? It would make quick work of that. Sand those areas down removing the paint and the rust. When finished, repaint it.

BTW, just my 2 cents, but those grates look to be solid and in pretty good condition. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked really good after a nice soak in some degreaser. Can't see the flavorizer bars, but those might benefit from the same treatment. It's your money and you might want shiny new bars and grates, which is cool. Just pointing out that it isn't mandatory.

heck, if you do decide to replace both, I might be interested in seeing if you would send them to me. :D

Gonna do a full cleaning next week and take it all the way apart.

Ordered some stainless flavorizer bars and grates and a new igniter kit. Bottom tray is pretty bad, I put my screwdriver right through it testing out one spot. Looks like a new bottom is almost $150 though!

Gonna do a full cleaning next week and take it all the way apart.

Ordered some stainless flavorizer bars and grates and a new igniter kit. Bottom tray is pretty bad, I put my screwdriver right through it testing out one spot. Looks like a new bottom is almost $150 though!

Nice, going all out on it. I'd hold off on the bottom tray and see if you can't find a donor grill. That said, give Weber another call and maybe you can get a better price from a different rep. Just tell them what you need and when the give you a price, ask if they can do any better on it.

For the bottom panel, you may try Ereplacement parts. I ordered a new panel for a Genesis Silver a couple of months ago for $33.

1 x Bottom Accessory Panel (60426) = $33.08

Was super excited to get my flavorizer bars and grates from rcplanebuyer. Really wasn't expecting this when I opened the box....

Box was a bit roughed up but I doubt anything USPS could have done would cause this. They are HEAVY duty.

1571EC48-9B2D-4E9D-8C30-B4D228996447_zpsyraayqip.jpg

8EEED361-413C-4DF1-A41F-05F8B56A8949_zpsnx7szxzr.jpg

DE0D480C-8902-49F7-9D52-7B588D29EB7A_zpssdggefko.jpg

Back