Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Weber Covers

Talking 2015 Weber Covers

I just bought a restored Genesis 1000 Redhead from member Alejandro DK and wanted to make sure I had a cover for it for when I brought it home. While I was on the phone with Weber on Thursday for some unrelated warranty issues with a part I bought while restoring my Genesis Gold C, I ordered a new cover. They told me the covers were redesigned for 2015 and wouldn't be available at retailers until October. They were able to sell me one and to my surprise it arrived this afternoon . The new cover is P/N 7106 and is for the Genesis 1000, Silver A/B grills, although the packaging is only labeled for the Spirit 200/300 series. They said this one replaces the previous 7573 cover.

The good news about this cover is that it now carries a 3 year warranty as opposed to the old cover which was 2 years. I was surprised at the cost though at $69.99. Ouch! It also comes with a storage bag which is NOT removable from the cover. Not sure how I feel about that. The bag tucks under when its installed in the grill. The material seems comparable to last years cover, if not a bit less plasticy feeling and more supple to the touch. Anyways, here's some pics. Sorry if some are a bit blurry...

Right out of the box from Weber:

Warranty:

Note the storage bag location:

Dimensions:

Unboxed (filled with cardboard):

Storage bag sewn by a strap to the cover:

Logo looks the same:

All packed up with out the cardboard:

Last edited by Chris Z; 09-13-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Edited for storage bag location.

BabyQ, Q200, Genesis 1000, Genesis Gold C, SS Perfomer Touch-N-Go, Performer Touch-N-Go, Copper Performer Platinum, 2x Red MT,Black OKP 18" WSM,WSCGS

TVWBB Pro
    Why on earth would anyone want t storage bag? Hopefully they are more durable; my last cover ripped in just over a year (I blame my wife). Next cover I will have made of Sunbrella for little over the cost of the Weber plastic crap.
    18.5 WSM - Q 2400 Electric - Platinum B - Genesis Gold w/SB - Cookshack Smokette Elite - Performer Platinum

I was wondering about the cover as well. I mean it's not like I take the cover off for the season like I do with my Snowblower or something like that. I take the cover off, cook, let it cool, cover, repeat. Weird feature that could have saved us few bucks not to have.

TVWBB Member
    Looking at the box pic, it appears that the bag Hans on the OUTSIDE of the cover, when it is installed on the grill??

Seems wrong to me... But maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Would cut off immediately if it is on the outside.

-Tom in SoCal

TVWBB Fan
    Very Strange. Who is going to put their cover in a bag while they cook. Not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Henderson View Post
    Looking at the box pic, it appears that the bag Hans on the OUTSIDE of the cover, when it is installed on the grill??

Seems wrong to me... But maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Would cut off immediately if it is on the outside.

-Tom in SoCal
    I thought exactly the same thing looking at the box. However, once I opened up the cover, I realized the strap is inside the cover. It seems you just tuck the bag underneath once the cover is on the grill. I'm hopefully picking up my Redhead 1000 next weekend. Once I put the cover on the grill I'll take some pics and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh G View Post
    Very Strange. Who is going to put their cover in a bag while they cook. Not getting it.
    I'm baffled as to the benefit as well. My lawnmower and snowblower covers have integral bags. But those make sense since I take the cover off once for the season and just hang the bagged cover on the wall or put it on a shelf.
    Last edited by Chris Z; 09-17-2014 at 09:12 PM.

BabyQ, Q200, Genesis 1000, Genesis Gold C, SS Perfomer Touch-N-Go, Performer Touch-N-Go, Copper Performer Platinum, 2x Red MT,Black OKP 18" WSM,WSCGS

Well. I got the Genesis 1000 home from AlejandroDK in Ohio. Here is a pic with the 2015 cover installed. The bag is NO ISSUE. It just flips under and sits on the lower rack. I'm really happy with the fit and quality so far.

TVWBB Super Fan
    I need to buy one for my SS Performer.. I've been told, I have to order from Weber, since the older SS models are longer.

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Teal View Post
    I need to buy one for my SS Performer.. I've been told, I have to order from Weber, since the older SS models are longer.
    Here ya go Mary.

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/20392/

$46 + $9 flat rate shipping.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Wow, Thanks Dave! What a great site for older models.. I need to get that cover ordered! Thanks, again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast