sriracha brats + cucumber ABTs

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
drove "up nort" Wisconsin last week to buy some tri tips on sale for 5 bucks a pound...
and for a few pounds of Wisconsin's BEST bratwurst, Jacob's Meat Market original pork brats.
While browsing through the store, I tripped over their Sriracha & Onion Brats in the freezer.
....well hells bells, I gotta try those, right? So I bought a four pack (←regrets)

IMG_0665.JPG

the sriracha brats are those ▲ redder ones above, the regular pork brats are paler..
also had/have some aging jalapeno peppers hanging around so I decided to eet some.
no crème cheese to speak of and no cocktail weinies around, but I do have fresh garden cucumbers

IMG_0667.JPG

got the Weber kettle fired up good 'n hot and started supper

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

yeah man, everything is lookin' ready to eet
smiley-eatdrink020.gif

got some awesome fresh brat rolls from the local bakery...
soo soft + wonderful, the brats just fall asleep in'um!
also plated with sautéed banana peppers and sweet onions topped with the stuffed bacon wrapped peppers

IMG_0691.JPG

That's a little Provel Cheese under those brats, Great Stuff!
And the sriracha & onion brats were GREAT! Juuust enough heat to fire up your next tailgate party!
Getting more next trip!
Well thanks a lot for stoppin' by, really do appreciate it! Hope your Labour Day weekend is non-labourious....

Very nice looking mess of food!!! How were the cucumber ABTs?, to me it just sounds weird.

Sriracha onion brats, regrets because you got them or because you only got 4?

Thanks guys:D
How were the cucumber ABTs?, to me it just sounds weird. Sriracha onion brats, regrets because you got them or because you only got 4?
the cucumber was refreshing inside the hot peppers, they were good:) and yes, regrets I only bought 4... i'll get more on the next trip north ;)

Well I now know what I'm going to use my next batch of cucks for..ABTs. Very nice looking supper there Jim!

Great looking hot brats and cool looking cuke ABTs Jim!

I'm happy that you like St Louis cheese, that's made in Wisconsin, and bought from Missouri. :cool:

Great looking cook. Those brats look great. Awesome idea with the abts. Might have to roll a few of those tomorrow.

I always enjoy looking at any bratwurst-related post with the name Jim Lampe attached to it. People will probably ask what rock I've been living under all my life, but believe it or not I've never tried ABT's, but jalapenos + cucumbers + bacon sounds pretty darn good to me!

Back