It's Pizza Night

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
Another deep dish. Same as before but with our own dough (New York dough recipe) and sauce. Crust turned out differently but still tasted delicious. Next time we'll use a deep dish dough recipe and see how that turns out.

Was going to pregrill the Italian sausage on the gasser but it wouldn't heat. So, I busted out the model A to do this part.

Here are some pics.

Last edited:
Another great looking pizza!! Did you add any corn meal to the dough? I forgot to buy some the first time I made it and forgot to add it the second time. Third time maybe I'll get it right.

Another great looking pizza!! Did you add any corn meal to the dough? I forgot to buy some the first time I made it and forgot to add it the second time. Third time maybe I'll get it right.

I added a little corn meal to the dough after it was made. Next time we'll make use the deep dish recipe and see how that goes. That recipe has corn meal in it. Another change I'll make is to use a sauce with less liquid. Instead of using tomato sauce in the recipe, I'll just use the chopped San Marzano, tomato paste and herbs. I did add chopped San marzanos to the sauce on this pie.:cool:

Great looking pizza Nate. Lots of people muxt be thinking along the same lines Pizza Pizza!!

I added a little corn meal to the dough after it was made. Next time we'll make use the deep dish recipe and see how that goes. That recipe has corn meal in it. Another change I'll make is to use a sauce with less liquid. Instead of using tomato sauce in the recipe, I'll just use the chopped San Marzano, tomato paste and herbs. I did add chopped San marzanos to the sauce on this pie.:cool:

When I made my sauce I used crushed tomatoes and used a strainer to remove the liquid. Then I added the liquid back in as much as needed.

Fine looking pizza. There have been some great pizzas here lately and that one you made looks really good.

Back