Frostie Paws for dogs...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The heat of summer is right around the corner and our faithful companions need (and deserve) a treat on those hot, and sometimes, humid days.
This frozen dog treat (by Nestlé) is sold in grocery stores nation-wide at $3.50 to 4 bucks for four. I did not do the math, butt I know I'm saving a bundle using this recipe.
1 quart of vanilla yogurt and 2 tablespoons of honey

DSCN1632.jpg

2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana or two

DSCN1631.jpg

Puree the banana(s) in a blender or food processor.

DSCN1633-1.jpg

Add the peanut butter and honey and continue to puree/mix/blend until smooth.

DSCN1636.jpg

Add yogurt and process to blend everything together.

DSCN1638.jpg

You'll need bathroom size paper cups, or something like these, 4 ounce condiment plastic cups. This recipe will fill about 14 to 15 of these cups.

DSCN1639.jpg

Pour the blended mixture into these cups that are neatly placed on a baking sheet that'll fit nicely in your freezer.

DSCN1641.jpg

When frozen, store them in a zip-lock bag.

DSCN1648.jpg

Your pooch will eet it up like there's no tomorrow and LOVE IT!!

DSCN1649.jpg

Last edited:
Jim,

Nice recipe. Judging by your pics, another bonus is that you don't have to wash the cups after wards. Your pooch cleaned it for you!

Paul

actually Paul, i do wash them...when she's done with it, the cup is pretty slimey and covered with dog hair
icon_razz.gif

i've been lookin' for those paper ice cream cups, the type we'd get with wood "spoons" 30, 40, 50 years ago...

This sounds awesome and I know my dogs would love them but I need to substitute something for the peanut butter. My son has a severe peanut/tree nut allergies.

Mike, simply omit the peanut butter altogether. Doggies won't know you skipped the PB
icon_biggrin.gif

The bananas and honey along with the vanilla yogurt will be pawfect for them
icon_razz.gif

AND, it's real human food too...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Mike, simply omit the peanut butter altogether. Doggies won't know you skipped the PB
icon_biggrin.gif

The bananas and honey along with the vanilla yogurt will be pawfect for them
icon_razz.gif

AND, it's real human food too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heck, I expect I'll be eating them right along with the dogs.
icon_wink.gif

Man I don't know how I missed this one Jim..
icon_rolleyes.gif

Both my labs and the German Shepard are going to get a treat!!
Thanks for the recipe!!

Tim

Two paws up from Brooke!
First taste in her bowl:
IMGP0259-1.jpg

Then straight up, from the cup:
IMGP0260.jpg

Dog gone, all gone!
IMGP0261.jpg

Thanks for the recipe Jim!!

Last edited:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Two paws up from Brooke!
First taste in her bowl:
IMGP0259-1.jpg

Then straight up, from the cup:
IMGP0260.jpg

I don't have any pets...and I'm making these tomorrow. LOL
Dog gone, all gone!
IMGP0261.jpg

Thanks for the recipe Jim!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we end up getting a freezer for the basement i am DEF making these, our frosty paw expenses are as high as our bully stick expenses.

our golden is spoiled.

Hey Jimbo'
I meant to respond to this in April, but totally spaced it.
I made this for the fourth time on Saturday. The "Boys" absolutly love 'em.
My twist on them is to freeze in Ice cube trays, then into ziplock bags.
I'd take some pics of them eating them, but I can't afford a High Speed Camera a this time.
Thank's from me and the Boys.
Nanque (Nan-nook) and Mocha.
The%20Boys.jpg

Oh yea almost forgot, Bob C.
They want to know if Brooke is seeing anybody and can they get her number?
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh yea almost forgot, Bob C.
They want to know if Brooke is seeing anybody and can they get her number </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno Mac, not sure I can trust my girl with those cute little rascals!
icon_smile.gif

Seeing your post reminded me that she was due a FP treat, gone in 30 seconds.
Funny how she doesn't spill a drop, but when she drinks water it goes everywhere!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Funny how she doesn't spill a drop, but when she drinks water it goes everywhere! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya gotta love those Labs.

you guys are a riot!
smiley-laughing001.gif

i make these frosties every two weeks, Maddie gets one so i don't hafta give her a steak bone or barbecue or anything us humans eet... and she's HAPPY with that
icon_biggrin.gif

Bumping this topic.
Summer and hotter weather are just around the bend.
Don't forget about the Furry Four Legged's.

What a kool idea! My pups, Beanie & Seamus are going to love these treats. Hopefully, they'll share with their dear old mom!:)

Bumping this again, got to be sure our pups are takin care of on these hot days.

Raddy and her pup Holly watching us make the first batch.
pups005_zps83d27f6c.jpg

You guys have picky dogs, my dog is happy grabbing the ice cubes that hit the floor when we get ice out of the fridge!!

Back