Catfish Friday

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
halved a few baby Bok Choy, face down on the Weber, used Ray Crick's Bok Choy Sauce

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

then applied the cats to the grill

IMG_3871.JPG

bought this Weber fish spatula a while ago, but never used it until last night

IMG_3872.JPG

the BC looks ready...

IMG_3873.JPG

...as does the fish

IMG_3874.JPG

these channel cats were seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub (Thank you Rolf Jacobsen!)

IMG_3875.JPG

Piled high on super fresh asiago cheese ciabatta rolls

IMG_3881.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

Lve catfish... could eet it everyday!
Thanks for pullin' up a seat, next time, grab a fork'n let's eet!
smiley-eatdrink020.gif

I love the catfish. Last time it was "blackened" and on the gasser. It's been a while but this is inspirational.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys, but Tony, Paul... i'm only cookin' outside. Nothing about being the best, just grillin' is all.
I thank you for your "praises" but hellsbells boys, you're as good a griller (if not GREATER) as I try to be.
I get all ALL my ideas from EVERYONE on this site, a few from outside sources and one or three from just throwing things together.

again, I thank you for your overly kind words :eek:

I do believe your the best. The presentations and the style of cooking are good and I have learned alot from you and everyone in the tvwbb. In my circle of friends I'm the best cooker thanks to this site.

it does look great Jim, and i agree I've also gotten so much from the people on this site. Now i'm in the same boat as Tony, come to think of it, i don't think i've ever seen any of my other friends grill, they just always leave it up to me!

Hopefully the rub didn't disappoint. How did that fish spatula work out? Worth the money?
Rolf, the rub is FANTASTIC! Love It! Thanks again! :)
and the Weber spatula worked very well, forgot the cost of it, but yeah, glad to have it. I've looked at others before buying the Weber brand, but, naturally, Weber wins again. ;)

Great looking grilled catfish. I said I needed to try some grilled catfish last time you posted this cook and I still haven't tried it.

Back