Yom Kippur Carne Asada

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Tonight starts Yom Kippur, a fast day tonight and till sunset tomorrow.

So making a hearty carne asada tacos dinner with black beans, Mexican rice, guacamole 🥑 and some blended pico.

1695586309275.jpeg

1695586334526.jpeg

More pics as this comes together.

I'm liking all these holiday cooks Brett. My question is; are they paid holidays? If so, I'm losing my religion :)

I'm liking all these holiday cooks Brett. My question is; are they paid holidays? If so, I'm losing my religion :)
I’m self employed so every day is a workday. If my team makes any sales tomorrow then I get paid.

View attachment 79778

I feel like I know what you are talking about.....that cook looked stellar.
Thanks. There’s something really special when beef drippings and marinade hit super hot coals. That smoke is intoxicating.

It’s the reason I went back to charcoal and the bonus was lump now being better than briqs.

These are good times, and possibly the best times for charcoal grillers.

Twenty four inches of that WSK grate, substantial choice of protein cuts and a grill that’s a pleasure to use. Happiness.

Delicious looking cook.

I have new appreciation for carne asada after watching Pati's Mexican Table on PBS with Pati Jinich. Carne asada is apparently like the word barbecue; it means more than one thing, including a meat dish, a method of cooking, and a social event.

Delicious looking cook.

I have new appreciation for carne asada after watching Pati's Mexican Table on PBS with Pati Jinich. Carne asada is apparently like the word barbecue; it means more than one thing, including a meat dish, a method of cooking, and a social event.
Exactly.

Back