Ya Wanna SANTA MARIA Grill???

I'm thinking about one of these. http://adjustagrillgrate.com/ Not an infinitely adjustable Santa Maria but does offer some higher levels and easy to use.

while I admire their business plan and creativity, it's a flawed design. It doesn't look permanent, most likely chips the porcelain, and appears to block the lid from fully closing. "No More Burning" - have they used a regular kettle? Nothing is more forgiving.

You could just buy a spare cook grate, non flip side type, and stack it on fire bricks, or even char-baskets, atop the lower cook grate.
Bricks would give two height options, or three if you're felling lucky. :)

Using my Santa Maria Grill for the 1st time this year.

July42015d.jpg

Using my Santa Maria Grill for the 1st time this year.

July42015d.jpg
That's the grill you got via Bob? Costco I believe? They have Santa Marias at Costco right now for $299 but they don't look as near quality as yours. I've wanted one forever, but I think I want one a little better than the current offering at Costco. Good luck with your cook tonight, looking forward to the pictures

Yes, Chucko, you are 100% correct.

Jim, about 5pm. 3 racks of Raymond ribs, 2 small (4lb) birds, Calico beans, sweet corn, dogs and POPSICLES for the kids, BOB. :p

Barb and I are doing about the same except 1 rack of ribs, 1 chicken on the roti + 4 bone in thighs, BBQ beans, sweet corn, Barbs pasta salad and no kids except our furry ones.

Have a great 4th Jim, looks like you got a good start on it.

Thanks, it is a really nice set up and I use it regularly, well that was up until I picked this up with Grillfest 3 in mind. A special thanks to Jim Lampe for help on the wheels. These really need the bigger ones. It was a little too high, so the new wheels plus a little cutting helped put it at just the right height.

CF6ceVql.jpg

Yeah Shaun! Your wheel modification is ONE THOUSAND % better than the hack job I did.
VeryCool!

is that the 20x24 or the 20x30 with one cutting board?

Thanks Jim, it's the 20x30 with one cutting board. I removed one to fit it nicely in my grilling spot.

Back