WSM to arrive tomorrow!!!

Well I smoked the Turkey for the maiden smoke on my brand new WSM.

Here's the new WSM!

P1010373.jpg

...and here's the brined/smoked Turkey.

P1010374.jpg

I'll be smoking the brisket this weekend.
icon_cool.gif

That bird has a wonderful color. Congratulations!!. You might consider runing your probes thru the hood vent holes, they may get damaged where they are.

Keep up the good work. That cooker is a BEAUTY!

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
That bird has a wonderful color. Congratulations!!. You might consider runing your probes thru the hood vent holes, they may get damaged where they are.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip!

Agree with everyone else--beautiful bird! Congrats on your smoker and your first cook. Keep the pics coming!

If your Brinkman charcoal pan doesn't leak, you oughta try it instead of the wsm water pan. It holds plenty water for an overnighter and will allow more room for wood/charcoal/access. If it's not in good shape you can find 'em for $5 or so at stores that carry bbq stuff for cheap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron Price:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I run mine through the upper vent or the lower door! My door seals poorly so this seems like a good place to run them plus you don't have to fumble with them when you take the lid off! Look up guru eyelits if you feel like modding your wsm for the probes. Vince

Ron, that is one AWSOME looking bird! I myself had planned on using the same recipe to smoke a turkey breast this weekend. Only problem is, now the bar has been raised SOOOO high, I don't know if I would post any pics!! judging by your first smoke, I can see lots of 'friends' showing up every time you mention using your WSM! (what did you say your address was again??
icon_biggrin.gif

As for your temp probes, I have inserted mine through the top vent, but it can bee a hassle if you have to take your lid durring the smoke. But I think it is worth the trouble so as not to damage the probes cable with the lid of the WSM.
But that can be addressed later,GREAT LOOKING TURKEY! And an AWSOME first smoke!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back