WSM runing for 26 hrs.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Started yesterday at 2:10 PM EST cooking a rack of beef ribs over Hump lump and red oak. Threw on 2 fatties after the ribs were done. Cut the vents way down to keep it going while the race was on. Filled up the ring after the checkered flag and put on a 8lb. butt for an overnighter over Hump and Hickory, Guru was in charge of the butt cook as I had too many cans O suds. After taking the butt off around 4:00 today, I put an onion on, and then some fresh sausage over Hump and apple wood. Made up some horseradish sauce to go with the sausage. Here's the link to the pics.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Show off!!
icon_biggrin.gif

And I was THERE for most of your cook too via the net...just missed the beginnin of the butt cook.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Pics look great!! About to put a tri on here.

Man, I just ate.

Those pics got me hungry again. I got to try sausage and that onion.

As for the race, SMOKE FTW!!!!

So after you polished off the beef ribs, fatties, sausages and finally the butt, what did you have for dinner? All looks great

looks great Bryan! how did you make your fatties?

I did a 24 hour cook a few weeks ago, 12lb packer, 20lbs side ribs, 20lbs pork shoulder

gotta love it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
So after you polished off the beef ribs, fatties, sausages and finally the butt, what did you have for dinner? All looks great </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, I did eat the whole rack of beef ribs yesterday. No sides, just beef for dinner.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
looks great Bryan! how did you make your fatties?
gotta love it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shawn, They were just a roll of Bob Evans sage and a roll of Jimmy Dean Bold. I coated them in turbinado sugar and then put on KK's "Butt rub for Jane". The butt got the same rub minus the xtra sugar. I like to let them cool then wrap up in foil and toss in the fridge. I'll slice them up and eat with cheese and crackers. I prefer the fatties this way, cold.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I do love doing these multiple 24-30 hr cooks. I'm good for at least 2-3 of them a year.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
I like to let them cool then wrap up in foil and toss in the fridge. I'll slice them up and eat with cheese and crackers. I prefer the fatties this way, cold.
icon_rolleyes.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any other way!?
icon_eek.gif
Looks like fun Bryan, I had a little aroma therapy today myself!

Just curios Bryan, How much charcoal did you use, I did a 20 hr cook this weekend for the first time, using Basques Natures Own charcoal,(my go to brand, really good stuff, equivalent to Maple leaf) and had to use almost a 8 kg(17.6 lb) bag to get it done. Is this about right?

Bryan, is that a new world record??? Was there anything left in your house to put on?
icon_biggrin.gif
Nice pics!! Even better looking food

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just curios Bryan, How much charcoal did you use, I did a 20 hr cook this weekend for the first time, using Basques Natures Own charcoal,(my go to brand, really good stuff, equivalent to Maple leaf) and had to use almost a 8 kg(17.6 lb) bag to get it done. Is this about right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dave K, I started with a half full ring for the rib and fatties cook. I closed the vents way down to just keep the fire going till the race was over. I then filled and packed the ring to the top, but not mounded over for the overnight butt cook. I added another half ring at 1:00PM on Sunday to finish the butt and cook the onion and sausage. When I was done, still had about a 1/4 ring left. I'm guessing somewhere in the 18-20lb. of lump used. I don't use water in my pan so I get a little better mileage out of the lump. HTH

Bryan,You are the man!!!Great pics.I hope someday I can be as good as you. Thanks for allthe help you give us beginers.I've leaned alot from you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just curios Bryan, How much charcoal did you use, I did a 20 hr cook this weekend for the first time, using Basques Natures Own charcoal,(my go to brand, really good stuff, equivalent to Maple leaf) and had to use almost a 8 kg(17.6 lb) bag to get it done. Is this about right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dave K, I started with a half full ring for the rib and fatties cook. I closed the vents way down to just keep the fire going till the race was over. I then filled and packed the ring to the top, but not mounded over for the overnight butt cook. I added another half ring at 1:00PM on Sunday to finish the butt and cook the onion and sausage. When I was done, still had about a 1/4 ring left. I'm guessing somewhere in the 18-20lb. of lump used. I don't use water in my pan so I get a little better mileage out of the lump. HTH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also use a dry foiled water pan, so using ~17 lbs of charcoal isn't out of the ordinary then for that long of a cook. Thanks Bryan

...then some fresh sausage over Hump and apple wood.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bryan, what variety is that sausage? I'm getting the urge to play with some, but can't really find a decent version to try. I suspect it's a case of not really looking in the right spot.

Thanks!

Jarrod

Man I love a multi cook. And you champed out as usual. Of course everything looks great, that's what you do
icon_eek.gif

MUST have been a lot of suds, when was the last time you used the Guru?
icon_wink.gif

Question bud - where'd you get the beef ribs?

Back