WSM runing for 26 hrs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jarrod Igou:
Bryan, what variety is that sausage? I'm getting the urge to play with some, but can't really find a decent version to try. I suspect it's a case of not really looking in the right spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jarrod, it's called fresh or country sausage. In Lancaster, I'm fortunate to have some really great fresh sausage makers, the PA Dutch, and the Amish. All fresh/country include salt, pepper, and brown sugar, then various other spices are added, but not always. The country tends to have the extra spices, verses the fresh does not. The sausage was cooked on the lower grate, no water pan for 12 min per side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Osterweil:
What did you use on that onion ? Almost looks like a French Onion soup in the bowl like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it pretty much is taste wise, minus the cheese. You cut just enough of the root off so it sits flat. Then cut the top off and core it out some, about 3/4's of the way down to the root end. I use Knorr beef cubes for the onions. Since the Knorr brand is a double cube, I break it in half, and just half a cube per onion. Break the cube up and drop some pieces in the hole, add some butter, cube, butter, till filled. It's about 2TBS of butter. Then add about a 1/4 tsp of worcestershire sauce Wrap up tight in foil and place on the WSM. The onion in the pic cooked on the top grate during the butt cook for 2 hrs. at a 250º grate temp. They are really good. I keep wanting to add a bay leaf as well, but keep forgetting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
Man I love a multi cook. And you champed out as usual. Of course everything looks great, that's what you do
icon_eek.gif

MUST have been a lot of suds, when was the last time you used the Guru?
icon_wink.gif

Question bud - where'd you get the beef ribs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bud.
Yes it was mass quantities of suds. That was the first time I used the Guru since last Aug I think.
Giant, if you can believe it. I always look when I go there but 95% of the time there's gaps between the bones, as in zero meat.
icon_eek.gif
On this rack, someone was kind to it, as it had alot of meat left on the rack, and between the bones, so I snatched it up. They came out very tastey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks Bud.
Yes it was mass quantities of suds. That was the first time I used the Guru since last Aug I think.
Giant, if you can believe it. I always look when I go there but 95% of the time there's gaps between the bones, as in zero meat.
icon_eek.gif
On this rack, someone was kind to it, as it had alot of meat left on the rack, and between the bones, so I snatched it up. They came out very tastey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I am definitely liking the Giant near me. Guess I'll have to get friendly with the meat counter. I have picked up smoked hocks there for my split pea over the winter and a couple butts, I'll have to watch/ask about the beef ribs.

Back