Wrecked 2009 (DE) Brick Red One-Touch Platinum Platypus. Now what?

Yea, let us know. The vent code is all I needed to register my kettles with Weber.
Now when you get into kettles on carts?
My last two performers didn't have a vent code.

I'm considering that option, Joe.

He did not! Unfortunately. He did say it was a family members at one point and he's too busy to work on it. The way it looks, given the damage, I think it fell out of the back of a pickup truck. Seriously. It also looks like it had only one or two cooks on it.

Well now, that's an interesting observation. How was the lid retained, just the spool holders?

I'm not really a fan of wood tables for outdoor use, but it is an option.

Thanks, Timothy!

Hard to find around here too. Been forever since I remember seeing one.

Thanks for the comments so far everyone, much appreciated. The grill is here now, I'll post some photos when I get a chance. I'm going to register the serial number with Weber, then call for some parts prices.

One just popped up on FB close but they want 175 bucks. It's brick red and is complete. I need something less expensive and nice. Oh and the water trough is a sns.

Screenshot_20210808-183746_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Brick Red Performer its really a nice color and as others have said not many of them around. I don't know about $260 I did not pay anywhere near that for my used Performer I kind of like Jon's idea keep searching maybe come up with a Black one and swap it out.

I got this one for free on my last parts order. Love it and get many compliments.

Attachments

• Kettle shirt.JPG
    Kettle shirt.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
Isn't the SnS at least $60? Plus the baskets? That seems like a deal for that grill. If it's been for sale for two weeks they'll probably move on the price. I'd have to jump on that one.
Screenshot_20210809-172215_Chrome.jpg

I have no use for it. My wife has had a impact on my thought process. Damn you Covid!!!! Oh and 92 degrees my phone says.

I lost my SNS. I would be happy to pay that to get such a nice brick red AND a replacement SNS. I wish it was closer.

This was $20.00 and 3 miles from my house. I paid for it and will pick it up later so these are the only photos I have. Thing is, I don't know what to do with it? It's actually in much better condition than it looks, a few dings in the rim of the lid, looks like it was cooked in twice. I know the tables are expensive ($80.00 each, list) and the lid bail wire is missing (Weber lists it as discontinued). The unavailable bail wire virtually renders the grill unusable. How would you move that hot lid with just that front handle, right? Should I:

~ Just save it for parts?
~Bite the bullet and restore it to new?
~Customize it with different tables ?
~Add the Unknown BBQ hinge and some Master-Touch legs and wheels?

I wasn't even a big fan of these things but they grew on me, especially the Brick Red. I know it's a somewhat rare grill, so it goes against my better judgement to modify it too much. I think they would look better with a black frame.

Did you know the black part that joins the frame pieces together is cast aluminum? I always figured it was plastic. Also looks like stainless steel One-Touch blades.

Thoughts?

View attachment 34218 View attachment 34219View attachment 34220View attachment 34221
Tim I am going to look at one of these in the morning and wanted to know where would the serial number be located at ?
Thanks Kevin

Tim I am going to look at one of these in the morning and wanted to know where would the serial number be located at ?
Thanks Kevin
On the original owner's manual. :LOL:

As far as I can tell, you'll find the year code on the vent lid, but the serial number was only on the paperwork that came with the grill.

Back