Wrap Brisket in Bacon?

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
My son-in-law called me and asked what I thought if he tried smoking a brisket wrapped in bacon. Any thoughts?

Never heard of barding a brisket before. I’ve seen/had barded pork loin before. It’s pretty tasty. But so is everything with bacon added IMO.

I would not do it. As mentioned above, the bark is one my favorite things about brisket. Also, aside from bringing bacon to the party there is no need for it. Brisket already has plenty of fat to bring flavor and moisture.

Agreed. Zero bark.
Maybe bacon wrapped and tooth picked burnt ends if someone has a cardiologist brother in law who can’t find any real work.😀

There's something magical about out that rendered sliver of beef fat with salt and pepper on a slice of lean brisket that you'd miss out on.

Bark is over rated, as long as its not completely sealed up it might be the best thing you ever ate. getting smoke to the beef is the key

Another way to add the flavor is what I did 2 years ago, I took all the fat trimmings and placed them on the top rack over my brisket, it rendered the fat down onto the meat and kind of kept it basted , turned out very well imo

Back