Would you try this?

Well I am sure glad they don't use it anymore. But your gripe about facts is not with me. It's with CBS. They aired it on a news show IIRC 60 Minutes. But then lately I don't trues much anything or anyone anymore. But, at least according to them (CBS) that was in fact what they aired and put up on video. And if I thought for one second it was urban legend I would not post it.
i'm not placing blame. i'm asking we avoid using broad strokes and spreading misinformation.

this is a social place, for me at least. i take it all with a grain of salt. but people do come here looking for information and validation. i think we share a common responsibility to be accurate and truthful and not flippant or generic. but i's Chris' place. he sets the rules. i'm going to take a leap here and feel he agrees with these statements.

i am just seeking to avoid broad strokes with lack of granular supporting info. that's all. i have no axe to grind.

Fair enough Brett, I will stop saying that I am the only one that >insert myth here< in Kalamazoo.🤣😉
The perpetuation of largely baseless urban myths has become some people’s obsession, I shall endeavor to persevere and be a voice against the rage of “have you heard…” silliness.
Now, I think I’ll go have a cabbage roll!

i'm not placing blame. i'm asking we avoid using broad strokes and spreading misinformation.

this is a social place, for me at least. i take it all with a grain of salt. but people do come here looking for information and validation. i think we share a common responsibility to be accurate and truthful and not flippant or generic. but i's Chris' place. he sets the rules. i'm going to take a leap here and feel he agrees with these statements.

i am just seeking to avoid broad strokes with lack of granular supporting info. that's all. i have no axe to grind.
Saw it on TV, simply repeated what I saw on the news at that time. Admittedly a LONG time ago. Back in the days, when it was Barbra WAWA and Walter Jennings and such. Wife and I used to tape it every Sunday. I was so disgusted after seeing that episode I never ate a McD's again. And quite honestly I still won't. But, the news report truly DID show the process on TV, which is likely why they may have stopped using it. IDK, but you call it "broad strokes" IDK what to call it. It was only repeating an actual report I watched. If it was wrong how am I supposed to know? There was no "google" or anything else back then.

Steve, we just put all the pieces in a large metal work bowl in the sink, add some soap and just wash it quickly. In cases like yours, doing potatoes, the clean up is very quick and you can keep all the small bits and pieces together so you're not fishing through the dishwasher. This has been the easiest way to process cleanup for us and it's our go to method at this stage. Literally, just a few minutes time and it's all done and then back into its storage ziplock for future use.
I'm thinking we have different units. Mine doesn't have any small parts, all big and bulky.

Well I am sure glad they don't use it anymore. But your gripe about facts is not with me. It's with CBS. They aired it on a news show IIRC 60 Minutes. But then lately I don't trues much anything or anyone anymore. But, at least according to them (CBS) that was in fact what they aired and put up on video. And if I thought for one second it was urban legend I would not post it.
Not an urban legend, but I'm not sure the relevance of it today, and certainly not relevant to the product I showed where organ meats are intentionally introduced as part of the mix. This controversy was back in 2012, ABC news broke the story, got sued for defamation by a meat processor, and settled the case for $177M. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime

To me what's most interesting about this is the power of words to label something. "Pink slime" is a fabulous phrase...you heard in the news 12 years ago and you'll never forget it, but I'm not sure it's any more slimy than the pink slime that goes into making a hot dog! And we all love a good hot dog! 🌭 :D

Yeah, mine is different. View attachment 87494
Steve, goes to show ya, what's old is new again. Many years ago, KA (well Hobart) came out, with a huge very versatile attachment like that. I think it may have been introduced in the mid 30s maybe earlier. I actually had one I picked up at a church sale. All solid metal, razor sharp blades just a really good piece of machinery sold under the KA by Hobart moniker. It was discontinued I believe in the late 50s or early 60s. They carry a cult type following. I ended up selling it at a VERY hefty profit.
It was like this attachment on steroids and built like a tank. Kinda like a giant food processor turned sideways. Looked like this and was called the Pelican
1709867222860.png
Hopefully the one you have will no cracks in the hub. Obviously this old Pelican did not have that issue. FWIW Hobart still makes it but I don't think it fits a KA anymore and it costs upward of $1200

My Oma would make sausage on the kitchen table with a hand crank grinder that was bolted down to the table.
The crap she would stuff through there to make sausages would shock most people.
I’d eat everything she made but I really didn’t dig hanging out in the kitchen when she was making sausage.

Back to the original question I’d try it but not on my dime.

At deer camp fried heart and liver was a common practice .
Thin slices bathed in flour then fried in butter.
What’s not to like?

Years ago I worked with a guy who raised beef on the side, and one year he processed a cow that he put down due to old age. He saved the high-end cuts but the others, including the tongue and heart, went into the grinder (IIRC no other organ meats, though) and produced some really good ground beef. If the Primal Blend didn't have liver in it I might give it a try.

And then there was 8th grade, when the biology class dissected fresh beef hearts first and then cooked them in the school kitchen afterward. I wasn't in the class and therefore didn't get any samples.

Back