Work Work Work...

Van

TVWBB Fan
Man it's been a long time but it's official, I now have a weekend off. Woo Hoo!
Chill’n and grill’n. Well, smoke’n any way! I started at 4 AM. Got the Brisket on the smoker around 5:30 AM.
Man it's cold out side. Took a while for the smoker to get up to temp.
Right now, the Smoker is at 227 Deg F and the meat is at 123 Deg F

Right there with ya. Up at 3 and prepped the butt. Light the WSM and the butt went on at 5:00. Holding 255 on the WSM and 140 on the butt. Trying to decide if I am going to wrap this time or just let it ride. I have no time table or expected serving time so I am thinking I will just let her sit and go nekked this time. Good luck on the brisket hope it turns out for you. That is one cut I have had no luck at yet but have been thinking it is about time to try it again.

I like pork shoulders, yum. They are easy and taste great.
The first Brisket I did was great. I used the BBQ Pit boy’s procedure and recipe.
From there I’ve changed the recipe a bit. I did not use apple cider vinegar and added the added soy sauce and Worchester sauce.
Just wraped the brisket in foil for the duration of the cook, The temp is as 160 Deg F.
Now the wait until 195 Deg F.

Last edited:
Van, there's a lot of variables that affect what the internal temperature of a brisket is when tender...the individual brisket itself, but mainly cooking temps/time, and how long and hot you plan on holding it. HH briskets finish at around 205*, and while 195* is a good guess for low-n-slow smoked and wrapped brisket, I recommend pulling when it's probe tender and getting jiggly. (I want holding time to be just that, and not continued cooking time.) Harry Soo even tells his students to put a piece of tape over their Thermapen's readout when probing for tenderness. All I'm suggesting is, you can become a better bbq cook by paying attention to the meat more than it's finished temp. After all, we're cooking to tenderness. Right? Hope you have a great day off work and the brisket turns out "mighty fine". :wsm:

Good pionts!!!!
This is my 3rd Brisket. so far so good!:cool:

Van, there's a lot of variables that affect what the internal temperature of a brisket is when tender...the individual brisket itself, but mainly cooking temps/time, and how long and hot you plan on holding it. HH briskets finish at around 205*, and while 195* is a good guess for low-n-slow smoked and wrapped brisket, I recommend pulling when it's probe tender and getting jiggly. (I want holding time to be just that, and not continued cooking time.) Harry Soo even tells his students to put a piece of tape over their Thermapen's readout when probing for tenderness. All I'm suggesting is, you can become a better bbq cook by paying attention to the meat more than it's finished temp. After all, we're cooking to tenderness. Right? Hope you have a great day off work and the brisket turns out "mighty fine". :wsm:

Yeah, about that...I really don't do photos well.
Just pilled the brisket off the smoker. The meat is very tender.
I drained off the juice and It's resting now.
I had to try a small piece......OMG;)

Don't forget to take pictures and post in photo gallery...

Back