Wooden grill brush

I have seen those before and the concept seems sound. It seems to me that those would work best on the stainless solid rod grates. I just placed an order for some RCPlanebuyer grates and would like something like that, but I may see if I can come up with my own custom grate cleaner. I really would only need on slot, not the multiple ones on the tool above.

I've had my eye on this for several months and curiosity has finally won the battle; I just now placed an order https://www.grillgadget.com

I have one. It works pretty well. I purchased mine at the Alabama shrimpfest a couple of years ago. Met the owner/inventor too. Nice guy. Very proud of his invention.

I would still be using it except I found the similar chargon tool. For my round stainless grates it just works better. I actually can't imagine anything better. Even if they invented a safe grill brush i wouldn't go back.

I hope the grill gadget works well for you.

https://www.chargon.com

I will be fabbing up something like that tool for my RCPlanebuyer grates. I just need to get ahold of a piece of SS flat stock. I suppose regular steel would work OK if you keep it oiled, but SS would be a lot easier to keep nice. My new RCPlanebuyer grates should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will be fabbing up something like that tool for my RCPlanebuyer grates. I just need to get ahold of a piece of SS flat stock. I suppose regular steel would work OK if you keep it oiled, but SS would be a lot easier to keep nice. My new RCPlanebuyer grates should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hope you post pictures of your tool when you get it done. I agree on the stainless. Another option would be brass. The grill gadget head is solid brass and seems really durable too. In fact the inventor of the grill gadget likes to show off the first one he made that he used for something like 20 years.

I have seen those before and the concept seems sound. It seems to me that those would work best on the stainless solid rod grates. I just placed an order for some RCPlanebuyer grates and would like something like that, but I may see if I can come up with my own custom grate cleaner. I really would only need on slot, not the multiple ones on the tool above.

Bruce,

I already know RC's grates are the best, but I will look forward to seeing them on your grill and then how well they work for you. Your tool sounds like a cool idea, too.

Jon

Back