Wolf $10K Built-In Grill Restore

I agree with John and Larry. If you can afford to sit on it for a while you shouldn't have any trouble getting your price.. The buyer will still be getting an awesome deal

Jon, Including an ad for a new one is a great idea. I wish it fit on my extra Broilmaster cart.

Larry, I did not make an igniter setup. It is all original on this one. If the buttons I ordered do not work I will be buying some aftermarket ignition modules and fitting them in there. I will post pics and links to parts if I do that. Here is a link a module I have used in the past to replace a remote button starter. I just put it in the panel where the button was and got rid of all the complexity. I will probably buy 2 of them and one of these.

I just noticed they make a 6 igniter one that would simplify things and save money and less than $7. Just have to plug up one hole in the front panel. With this you could just push 1 button and light any of the burners.

You did a great job on that, Joe! If you could sell just the shine on that you could get twice what you're asking. Wouldn't that be something if someone snapped this baby up within the first week? You just never know. Good luck!

That is a fantastic rehab/cleanup job! Hope you find the right buyer soon, might be a fairly narrow market as others have said, but the right match is out there 👍

I thought the same thing, Joe! At least his gives you another person’s idea of a starting price. I agree, though, that yours is nicer. The cart vs built-in is a wild card.

If the seller simply would look at his owner's manual he would see using that one as a built in is as simple as removing the 4 bolts that hold it to the cart and mounting the head into his outdoor kitchen. It's truly easy (except for the weight if lifting it)

Joe, my Wolf emblem is in terrible shape and I want to "restore" it. But sadly I cannot get it off. Did you try getting yours off? Were you successful? If so how?

I did not have to restore my emblem, but I think I noticed that it comes off like the Weber ones with a couple of clips on the back. The front panel comes out with just 2 screws after removing the knobs.

Joe, thanks for a great chronicle of this grill. It's cool. No doubt about it. I've loved reading this. In my view, it'd be worth in the 1 to 2k range just to buy and stare at while I figure out how to make it work at the house.

Joe, thanks for a great chronicle of this grill. It's cool. No doubt about it. I've loved reading this. In my view, it'd be worth in the 1 to 2k range just to buy and stare at while I figure out how to make it work at the house.
Chris, NJ is not too too far. I can make ya a deal;-)

The last piece is done. The rubber boots on the original igniter buttons were shot, but I believe that the electronic igniters where OK. I ordered these as they looked close and were not too expensive. https://grillpartssearch.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1
They finally got here and did not fit. I tried to get the rubber boot out but it was plastic welded in place so I put the cap in the vice and broke it apart. With a little trimming it fit in the old cap fine and all 3 igniters now work. Pics below.
20210911_101418.jpg20210911_101601.jpg20210911_101620.jpg20210911_102218.jpg

Yeah mine is much older and has totally different igniter parts (look like tiny little ceramic buttons and cost $80 ea IIRC), and they use rotary sparkers not buttons

Back