Wolf $10K Built-In Grill Restore

@LMichaels - Any idea what size all those screws are? I have now been back and forth to the hardware store 3 times with no luck. The seems to be sheet metal screws but 8 and 10 don't work and I tried regular threaded bolts with no luck. I want to replace all the igniter bracket ones as they are shot. It is nice that they are all the same size throughout the grill but there must be about 100. Thanks
Is it possible they are metric? McMaster Carr sells metric sheet metal screws.

My mothers house has a 6 burner wolf Stove that im not sure what im going to do with. Its a Huge 6 burner maybe 8. It looks similar to this but a bit older.. i was told it was worth a ton of money. This ones look newer for sure. Ours was put in around 1984. One guy quoted the one we have at 10k.. not sure but ive seen some crazy prices on these

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 50
I am of sure of the screw size. IIRC they're self drilling/tapping though. I was able to save all my screws though so I did not need to buy any as I recall. Maybe a trip to a Fastenal if you have one close by would be of help

My mothers house has a 6 burner wolf Stove that im not sure what im going to do with. Its a Huge 6 burner maybe 8. It looks similar to this but a bit older.. i was told it was worth a ton of money. This ones look newer for sure. Ours was put in around 1984. One guy quoted the one we have at 10k.. not sure but ive seen some crazy prices on these
That stove looks amazing. Why is it on a pallet and not in moms kitchen? I am sure you could get some good $ for that.

It was starting to go back together but I took it apart again. I needed a side top panel to bring with me to the hardware store to try screws. No luck. I called Wolf / Sub Zero today and found out they use size 10-16 1/2" screws. I was about to order the factory ones for $.60 each but waivered when found shipping to be $10. I order a 50 pack off Amazon for under $3 with free shipping. If they don't work I will get the factory ones. Also the IR rotisserie burner is not getting enough gas and is fluttering instead of getting red hot. Will need to try taking the manifold off and apart again to try and clean it. I did test the burners and they seem fine. Here is a pic before taking it apart again. In the background through the door you can see my performer spinning a Peruvian chicken for dinner while I work on the Wolf.
1631044068130.png

This is cool, and super fun to watch. A wolf grill being rebuilt in a weber forum. Who knew!

But if I ever come across a Wolf grill, I'd definitely want this as reference.

This is cool, and super fun to watch. A wolf grill being rebuilt in a weber forum. Who knew!

But if I ever come across a Wolf grill, I'd definitely want this as reference.
I have felt a little funny about it. There is also a Genesis 5 / 5000 and Broilmaster rebuild threads as well, that I heavily contributed to. I am thankful that Chris is very accommodating and people here seem to love all grills and find this stuff useful. I have learned so much from others about Weber and other grills here. I do really like Weber products and recommend them all the time to people, but this site has opened my eyes to many other grills out there in the world. I would never have even known about Wolf grills if it were not for Larry and the 2 that he restored.

While I have loved my Webers, it is obvious they are not the only game in town. I would never consider putting $10K in a grill and am not sure I understand what makes one worth it. Finding a bargain and putting in the work to restore it can bring us something that is out of reach for us mere mortals. Looks great.

Last edited:
While I have loved my Webers, it is obvious they are not the only game in town. I would never consider putting $10K in a grill and do not sure I understand what makes one worth it. Finding a bargain and putting in the work to restore it can bring us something that is out of reach for us mere mortals. Looks great.
Just to clarify....I am not keeping this grill. It is a restore to sell. I like my grills on wheels and a wee bit smaller and more manageable. I was thinking of starting a pool as to how much I should price this for and what it will actually sell for. I do have a number in mind to list it, but I wonder what other folks think. Maybe it is premature as it is not together yet, but I do have all the burners working. Waiting on screws and igniter buttons..

Yep, this forum is pretty tolerant about allowing non Weber talk. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, I don't see a problem with it. Most of the time, it starts out Weber related anyway. As long a members remember this is a Weber based forum, then we should be good.

I did finally get the IR rotisserie burner working. It does have a small spot that does not glow red but is still very hot and very much lit. I had to clean out the gas line with compressed air and adjust the orifice as it screws in and out for adjustment. Here are pics of it lit up and behind the scenes with the safety and thermocouple setup.
20210907_171056.jpg20210907_165238.jpg

That adjuster behind the control panel is for the pilot light. If you look carefully the pilot heats the thermocouple tube, which then trips the safety valve and allows gas to flow to the main portion of the IR burner. I truly wish I had been able to get mine to look like yours BTW. I scrubbed on it until I was raw. Got things as good as I could and went together since I wasn't building it as a show piece to resell anyway. I was planning to keep it. Also for the record I did not restore 2 of them. Only the one

That adjuster behind the control panel is for the pilot light. If you look carefully the pilot heats the thermocouple tube, which then trips the safety valve and allows gas to flow to the main portion of the IR burner. I truly wish I had been able to get mine to look like yours BTW. I scrubbed on it until I was raw. Got things as good as I could and went together since I wasn't building it as a show piece to resell anyway. I was planning to keep it. Also for the record I did not restore 2 of them. Only the one
I adjusted the orifice on the left connected to the larger silver flex pipe. I thought you kept one, and donated one to your church. My bad. I did spend many hours with razor blade, scotch pads, simple green (purple one), steel wool, and drill with wire wheel. I think this thing will look and run close to new when I am done. I found out today that it is a 2009 model.

That’s some beautiful workmanship on that thing, Joe!👍👍👍👍 I agree with Bruce that occasionally showing other grills is OK. (I have certainly been guilty😲.) It is also interesting to contrast other manufacturers with what Weber does.

What you have there is in an entirely different echelon of grills. It will be very interesting to me to see how you do with attempting to flip. I have the carcass of a similar Lynx (but a standalone on casters) and quite a few parts. I have come to believe it will be extremely difficult to flip and with little time these days it is not a high priority project. I hope you do really well, and maybe that will motivate me to get my Lynx cleaned up and listed. It has a very complicated electronic igniter system that I still need to buy. Not unless I get it looking like your Wolf first.

I guess I have figured that if I can’t sell for at least my cost then maybe I will have to just suffer and have a high-end grill of my own😎! Probably the closest I will ever get to having a Vieluxe which would be my ultimate find.

I have new igniter buttons on order. I have cleaned up and tested each igniter individually with an old piezo button grounding against the grill since each only have 1 wire and they all spark. I have now replaced a lot of igniter systems and find it comes down to 2 systems, 1 wire and 2 wire. The 1 wire use the grill as ground. I have replaced a lot of bad ignition controllers (even remote button ones) with inexpensive generic ones from Amazon and they work fine. I would not spend the money on an OEM one. The last controller I purchased was a 2 wire one that worked on a gill with a single 2 wire igniter, and a grill that had 2 1 wire igniters. If the buttons I ordered don't make the igniters work I will replace with after market ones. There are 3 controllers with 7 igniters in this grill. They are set up with 3, + 3 for the burners, and 1 for the roti. I would think that a grill like this would have some sort of cross over tubes to relight a burner if it accidently went out, but it doesn't

Back