Wolf $10K Built-In Grill Restore

Thanks, Joe. It's not going to work. The business end of the electrode will not be in the right place.

Does this help
Pzh7Tu5pU4Fli28Oitk4IXbWvFSW943IERrAmN6awN7sx3ujoooCROTnC91g2BSbCTiOqpoEfa6cFUyEyY-ZzqrhBEtEHJpp5jBdE-TP445HVb80t7X2V4C6ix4eEgtNsxQEnlpOyV4LICDomlEqESn997WZmsMssK8oid5FAipIJb2rTZAPZ6dluTI-qIJBwVanLLr7FdRoppnuNiOzWE_VPo8IrdAaymqtMlTPPYJl74ipsoszL18zG15NgaDvgNMG2i_X28PAf8CeCBMiDbuyl-tVUKcLl8piDTh6dzUvGRAtP-Se9AlNwxXziWddPY3p54oI-XddydjmUpy2VHJD7inUxlaBzNKs3FLq6JuQzwCud6xym8M86HL9Kv6xwZ8WQoVxw7nKOAPkHdPOa1lUJibcZy2z-eYON4IosZGo9khuci8d98SZPlDlrY_1k-NSSsVMmh2am70FmZ9BSJBansmA4OyCKUjFNZdh6sjWhxNCDnpeH7uqMoDCRY0hiu498l_V05TIZ8vq1hNQiJZ9YzDUrO0RaunV-LPt9GWvnF_PxUpaV4wcYb11omARJBOnNYoz7gPAyOvz0plesFMaAA4p1jS_bURhM1zUk-9JvCfQtNsphKcuM9zZi_9v4u9Shg3SIHpj8Qc6l8eJWMQz4G3r4yNXhwoBjjzwYHxA6wjcKWlpKzvTHzeXVnfcvoulNk7b0yWemfwo0Fp3THw03g=w1653-h1237-no

p19NGksZvFCd3lAh2aG5H7XxuQYFZarxxwC0sfQ-ash_c4_4ATKv0EMGinfVJWCP50bh0VBawicAsp3qzgVsKgizGxnldcDcc7SPEODwsgfcFUsB7-M2EMNypftzDopM6RGe31rWi0l02gnI0KE9U-HOmaG0C3aIqpnu3buKworhSmiSj35AISNwVYlmR0ONearHm2nlTDIcn-MxslmED7n9zDtV9lvdhWKzLhv5VTg13pRm9dK3eNf4AGuW-1JzO6Vt7n1eLzjwAYFFbv0KGrT8wMsx1H8ilyy2kouTy59IUiBVILiuci-SmOFqURbVXwAOEtoJr3BM2gFNYXufXeMmDQ6i1Xur64i20kkYkC5_WePEI5hvAgdWoycmI8azAGJ_dY4v01xExhDfqqKxTzeKH0ShfZe9aUl4q-mvd7B3WwMQOy7N1oNR9OgDVCPhAUY4VnaelJw0wYIVkgKRjeQOj_j2LJMw3MUaCQ0nLSngpfEk5ChtFyk-r-qwPwWsikex4E8wyrQAD5uMX7GEVef0UaFMf0pfcFoi8cUDhV7zYhmTKFSRLjCrTjqAXYWCPaPjxIGX6zIlaKqfvEadBOjx8dHufWZR89ZI9G5n18ZGs8dCaLKCUz8EsQAgwy6cBrvmWwaRHiHn-Aw2BDEdZ6iDRUbIRg5nTIY2sf9NE61BMUVEolLNRLYoCj-PR3Jj0pdhZlaezaI-URzQe7wyr7caZA=w1380-h1237-no
Nothing there. I would like to see exactly how you mounted them. I would like to have to stop using a long stick lighter LOL

Nothing there. I would like to see exactly how you mounted them. I would like to have to stop using a long stick lighter LOL
Look at the pics on the previous page. Just remove the ceramic part from the attached plate by sliding it out. Take the plate that usually slides onto the burner on a E3XXX and lay it on top of the Wolf bracket, Bend the bottom of the mount around the bracket using a vice grips, slide ceramic part back into mount.

This thread sort of fits into the thread where I asked about the feasibility of using the ceramic igniters on older Weber grills. Seems it could be done.

This thread sort of fits into the thread where I asked about the feasibility of using the ceramic igniters on older Weber grills. Seems it could be done.
Probably can, but at less than $10 a pop there is low motivation. The Wolf one are north of $60 and there are 6!

Wow, that is outstanding. BTW next time I uncover the beast I will take some pics if I can remember.

Thanks - I am very pleased with the whole affair. It was a challenge and something different not to mention a nice profit. I am now working on my first Blackstone griddle. I am not as impressed, as it is no Wolf.
You did Well Joe! I just bought a Blackstone and have yet to use it. If you find any problem areas (rust etc.) on the Blackstone you are refurbishing that could be addressed proactively could you let us know? Would be appreciated.

Richard.

You did Well Joe! I just bought a Blackstone and have yet to use it. If you find any problem areas (rust etc.) on the Blackstone you are refurbishing that could be addressed proactively could you let us know? Would be appreciated.

Richard.
This is the Blackstone I just finished. I was going to start a thread about it but got lazy. I am not impressed with the quality of the cabinet or paint job. The cabinet definitely hold water someplace as it leaked rusty water all over my tarp in the van. This was my first one and I should have used the wire wheel and grinder to restore the grill top as Blackstone's method with the stone was a long long pain in the ***. I did have a lot of fun cooking on it last night though. I cooked bacon, sausage, and the best swordfish I have ever eaten. If it had fold up shelves and I had room I would be really tempted to keep it. Makes me question how much stuff is better cooked on a grill vs a griddle. IMORTANT Edit...Keep your griddle DRY! Get a cover. Keep it in the garage. Water does not mix well with this thing.

241879783_4643434349008155_3366367868619722962_n.jpg

Last edited:
Joe,
Awesome on that fantastic restore and your profitable reward for the great job you did. Congratulations 🎉!

Hopefully, you have motivated me to restart my long abandoned Lynx project.

This is the Blackstone I just finished. I was going to start a thread about it but got lazy. I am not impressed with the quality of the cabinet or paint job. The cabinet definitely hold water someplace as it leaked rusty water all over my tarp in the van. This was my first one and I should have used the wire wheel and grinder to restore the grill top as Blackstone's method with the stone was a long long pain in the ***. I did have a lot of fun cooking on it last night though. I cooked bacon, sausage, and the best swordfish I have ever eaten. If it had fold up shelves and I had room I would be really tempted to keep it. Makes me question how much stuff is better cooked on a grill vs a griddle. IMORTANT Edit...Keep your griddle DRY! Get a cover. Keep it in the garage. Water does not mix well with this thing.

241879783_4643434349008155_3366367868619722962_n.jpg

Congrats on selling the Wolf. Nice work.
Griddles are hard to beat for breakfasts and smash burgers.
If that one is to large for you to keep, try and find one
of the smaller table top versions, or a griddle that you
can use in your Genesis.
We love our Blackstone, but it doesn't get used enough,
as we simply don't take the time. I recently picked up
a Little Griddle. Haven't used it yet, but plan to when
I complete my 330.

Congrats on selling the Wolf. Nice work.
Griddles are hard to beat for breakfasts and smash burgers.
If that one is to large for you to keep, try and find one
of the smaller table top versions, or a griddle that you
can use in your Genesis.
We love our Blackstone, but it doesn't get used enough,
as we simply don't take the time. I recently picked up
a Little Griddle. Haven't used it yet, but plan to when
I complete my 330.
Thank you. I don't see myself cooking breakfast outside, but it made me think about things I do on the grill that may come out better on the griddle. I have to go back to Costco and get another piece of that swordfish and do it on the grill this time to compare. It was really nice having all that real-estate on the Blackstone. I just picked up a Little Griddle also. Found in used for $10. I have not tried it yet. But I will try it both without flavorizers and with but no grates. I believe what makes the Blackstone a good griddle is that it has no barrier between the fire and griddle, and the high carbon steel gets hot fast and spreads the heat pretty good. There were hot and cool spots on the BS.

Back