Woke up this morning and realized I threw out my drip tray (older Genesis E330)

John Franklin

7 AM this morning I open my eyes and the first thing I yell out is "OH NO I THREW OUT MY DRIP TRAY!"

Which actually happened. Garbage collection day was yesterday, over the weekend I was cleaning out the grill and put the metal dripping collection tray thing into the garbage so I could bring it back in and clean it without making a mess of everything. I summarily forgot about it until this morning, a day too late because it's in a dump now someplace.

Oops.

Where can I get a replacement? This is an older grill, the drip tray itself, the one that collects all the grease is (was, God rest its soul) about 8.5" long by 5.5" wide, from a rough measurement of the hole it used to rest in under the grill. The replacements I see online are all disposable liners, I need the actual tray itself. Anyone know where I can get it?

7 AM this morning I open my eyes and the first thing I yell out is "OH NO I THREW OUT MY DRIP TRAY!"

Which actually happened. Garbage collection day was yesterday, over the weekend I was cleaning out the grill and put the metal dripping collection tray thing into the garbage so I could bring it back in and clean it without making a mess of everything. I summarily forgot about it until this morning, a day too late because it's in a dump now someplace.

Oops.

Where can I get a replacement? This is an older grill, the drip tray itself, the one that collects all the grease is (was, God rest its soul) about 8.5" long by 5.5" wide, from a rough measurement of the hole it used to rest in under the grill. The replacements I see online are all disposable liners, I need the actual tray itself. Anyone know where I can get it?
That is just a bummer. I totally understand, I like to put messy or drippy things over the garbage can in the garage a lot, fortunately nobody ever takes that can out except for me.

I just empathize for the loss!

I use disposable liners inside of the aluminum pan.

Here's one. You might find it cheaper, but this is a fair price.

Yup that looks like it, thanks. So it wasn't the tray or the liner I threw out, it was the aluminum pan itself. For the best though, it was old and rotting away and I would always cover it in duct tape and foil to keep it from leaking. I had no pan or tray sitting on top of it though so that might have been the problem all along.
That looks like the inside of mine except I have a round hole on the right there to sit the propane tank in and the weight thing that it hangs on as well. Why doesn't this one have that? Different setup?

That looks like the inside of mine except I have a round hole on the right there to sit the propane tank in and the weight thing that it hangs on as well. Why doesn't this one have that? Different setup?

The grill in that pic is a Natural Gas E330 ( 2016 )

Another difference is the slide-out bottom pan on the LP E330s has a stainless steel heat shield below the bottom pan. The bottom pan on the NG version is just enamel steel without the heat shield.

Natural gas? So it's hooked up to a gas line somehow? Sort of like an oven or a stovetop gets a hookup inside a kitchen?

Yeah, the NG grills have a 10 foot hose that connects the grill to a gas line plumbed out to the patio.

Unfortunately, I don't have NG on my patio. This E330 began life as a NG version and has been converted to propane, ignoring all advice, warnings etc not to do it...

Rather than cut a hole in the floor of the cart so the tank would recess, I chose to "outboard" the tank. I could not be happier having the tank outside. It is easier to open/close the valve and easier to replace an empty tank with a full one.

I also added a second tank hanger on the left to store a spare tank, and without having a tank inside I have lots of storage to hold stuff.

1652901528352.png

Last edited:
NG is the best! My old 2000 runs on natural gas, so no propane tanks to fill, and it is something that I actively appreciate every time I use the grill!
If I could economically run a gas line to my cooking area I would run both the E330 and my 1000 on NG. I have parts for both, but the gas line install is expensive.

So, all you guys running grills on NG. How many of you have ever left it on accidentally for a day or longer? How long was it actually on before you realized it? I have done it two or three times on LP and was glad that the tank ran out as it might have been days otherwise.

So, all you guys running grills on NG. How many of you have ever left it on accidentally for a day or longer? How long was it actually on before you realized it? I have done it two or three times on LP and was glad that the tank ran out as it might have been days otherwise.
I turn it off at the wall when im done w every cook, JUST like i did the propane tank! so far so good

Or, something like this.

Back