Woke up this morning and realized I threw out my drip tray (older Genesis E330)

So, all you guys running grills on NG. How many of you have ever left it on accidentally for a day or longer? How long was it actually on before you realized it? I have done it two or three times on LP and was glad that the tank ran out as it might have been days otherwise.
Never happened to us. I always shut the gas off at the connection when done. Plus the burners I aways double check. so far so good.

So, all you guys running grills on NG. How many of you have ever left it on accidentally for a day or longer? How long was it actually on before you realized it? I have done it two or three times on LP and was glad that the tank ran out as it might have been days otherwise.
It's happened. Worst case my grill is a little "cleaner" :D Honestly would rather than than an empty LP tank just when you think you're gonna throw something on the grill. BTW I rarely if ever shut the connection off. I mean heck. Do you run behind your stove and turn off the connection? Do you go to your meter and shut down the connection? Same difference. Grill has same basic components

It's happened. Worst case my grill is a little "cleaner" :D Honestly would rather than than an empty LP tank just when you think you're gonna throw something on the grill. BTW I rarely if ever shut the connection off. I mean heck. Do you run behind your stove and turn off the connection? Do you go to your meter and shut down the connection? Same difference. Grill has same basic components
its much easier on the grill LOL

I shut the grill down before I remove the food usually. Plus I am paranoid about forgetting it so I usually check the local shutoff several times after a cook. Haven’t left it on yet, knock wood

PXL_20220520_204755756.jpgPXL_20220520_204748612.jpgPXL_20220520_204833767.NIGHT.jpg

I use disposable liners inside of the aluminum pan.

Here's one. You might find it cheaper, but this is a fair price.

Well that came really quickly and was exactly what I needed! Rock on. Now I am sad I didn't include the thermostat on that order to save on shipping because I need one of those too!

The insert, should I always be using those? Are they easier to find than the pan itself?

View attachment 51115View attachment 51116View attachment 51117

Well that came really quickly and was exactly what I needed! Rock on. Now I am sad I didn't include the thermostat on that order to save on shipping because I need one of those too!

The insert, should I always be using those? Are they easier to find than the pan itself?
The disposable liners are available at home depot, ace hardware etc. Anywhere that sells Weber grills usually sells the liners too, sometimes even the thermometers.

Back