With A Touch Of A Button, New Weber® Genesis® and Spirit® Smart Gas Grills Help Grillers Create The Perfect Meal Every Time With Ease

Here is a better description I found, the lid and cook box is not painted steel the way I read it. Same finish as the old Genny Lids and Kettles or am I missing something. Warranty seems to be pretty good..
  • Includes an integrated steel folding cart. 5-year warranty.
I guess my one concern is warranted. I don't expect that you will want to buy one of these for the back deck and leave it outside like you would a Q2000. A five year warranty won't help with rust unless the grill is collapsing.

If you are storing it in the camper and dragging it out a half dozen times a summer, then it will likely last a really long time.

Isn't the folding Q cart steel the legs? I'm not sure using aluminum would have been strong enough for a folding design throwing it in the trunk or whatever I would think the steel would take more abuse and add to the rigidity.

Not sure leaving this out on the deck is much different than my Silver C being out there if it was covered. The frame is still steel eventually everything is going to rust. Not sure how many people are going to use it that way anyway although to be honest its really since there are only 3 of us plenty big enough for my families use. You would have to get an adapter for a 20lb tank using it as your daily driver otherwise go broke using the small tanks.

I have a performer also so the times I needed more space for cooking I would be fine between the 2.

Porcelain coated steel sounds ok for the hood, but on the lower half, I would be afraid of the same thing we see on the fireboxes on Summit grills where the porcelain starts cracking and the steel inevitably rusts. The Q being all aluminum still seems a longer lasting design.

Back