Wish i could send this to our friends out West

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
I dont mind the snow but I know folks out west need it terribly to curb droughts & fires. Storm brought as much as 2' overnight. Here in Cleveland we received about 12" but up to 4' deep drifts in places.

Attachments

• 20220117_111706.jpg
    20220117_111706.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7
Wow. We only had a little <3" and it's more than enough for me. Hope you guys are staying warm and safe!

I'm worried that we've gotten all we're going to get. Hoping for more rain and snow soon.
i agree. further concern is the longer we go dry, when the next storm hits it could be a warm one which'll jack up everything in the snowpack, reservoirs and rivers up here. flooding is the last thing we need.

Especially since water is coming out of Lake Shasta at an exceptionally high rate (imho)
Yeah, but the reservoirs are for flood protection first, and the formulas they have to follow require them to release water.

Same with Folsom lake.

Not to be selfish but you don't need to go too far west to satisfy my wishes... I'd LOVE a 1-2' snowfall. One whopper would be awesome.

We went through a pretty severe drought here in our area this past year. Then got partially caught up. I am only hoping we don't get "caught up" in snow, or all at once come spring. The ultimate irony of it this past summer was our community had one well go down so they banned outdoor water use. Oddly our sewer bill is tied to our water use. We get a discount on the sewer bill (it's flat rate plus volume), under high use periods i.e. summer precisely because much use is not in the sewer. So due to the lack of use, they rammed it up our backsides with sewer costs this past summer and they were through the roof. Yet others who disobeyed the ban did not get screwed over. Go figure

Here in Arizona we had a great monsoon season about 120% of normal and the snow.,,,,,Well we are doing okay.

100_4439.JPG

I used to live in NE Ohio and do not miss the snow. We do not get a lot in the St Louis area, but it is usually preceded by an inch of ice to add to the fun.

Last edited:
We went through a pretty severe drought here in our area this past year. Then got partially caught up. I am only hoping we don't get "caught up" in snow, or all at once come spring. The ultimate irony of it this past summer was our community had one well go down so they banned outdoor water use. Oddly our sewer bill is tied to our water use. We get a discount on the sewer bill (it's flat rate plus volume), under high use periods i.e. summer precisely because much use is not in the sewer. So due to the lack of use, they rammed it up our backsides with sewer costs this past summer and they were through the roof. Yet others who disobeyed the ban did not get screwed over. Go figure
It was an awfully dry summer here, I can easily keep track by how often the grass needed to be cut. I try not to water as it comes from Lake Michigan and is very expensive. When I lived out by you in Belvedere, my house had a separate water meter for the outside water and that was less expensive than the inside water for some reason.

Idaho had a drought last year, so much so that irrigation water we use (per HOA rules) to keep our lawns watered was cut off in mid-October. It looks like we will be OK this year with our snowfall to-date.

It was an awfully dry summer here, I can easily keep track by how often the grass needed to be cut. I try not to water as it comes from Lake Michigan and is very expensive. When I lived out by you in Belvedere, my house had a separate water meter for the outside water and that was less expensive than the inside water for some reason.
Yes we too can ask Cherry Valley for separate meters but it's VERY expensive. So we have not done it. Oddly we are one of only 2 houses on the block with sewer. Everyone else has septic. When ol' Hal McKiski was building this sub, he offered septic standard and sewer as an upgrade. I'm told sewer was like a $10k upgrade. $10k on a house that back then was only around $75k was pretty steep so hardly anyone has sewer hookups. IDK how the water reclamation dept keeps up with who is who.

Our fall here in CO was crazy warm and dry. Which set the stage for the wildfires that broke out in Boulder County right before New Years.

But it has been snowing pretty consistently since then. We're up to 125% of normal snowpack, which is a good sign for spring and summer.

Hopefully, I will get a bit more opportunity to use the WSM up at the mountain house this year. Last year, almost the entire summer was N/A due to fire restrictions. Gasser only, no charcoal allowed.

Back