Wisconsin Mac and Cheese!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Another quick post from a couple days ago! Friend of mine went home to Wisconsin and brought me back some real Wisconsin cheese curds..I had no idea what to do with it so I made Mac and cheese!
null-113.jpg

Melted some cheese down and made a sauce...boiled some noodles and put it in a pan with bread crumbs!
null-114.jpg

Tossed on the grill with some 5th st turkey sausage and Nathan beef dogs!
null-115.jpg

And then...
null-116.jpg

Mac and cheese up!
null-117.jpg

Plated up...
null-118.jpg

Not too bad!!

Thanks again for looking!

Take care folks!

my family calls that squeaky cheese (curds). Good stuff - I'll have to try that. What all went into the sauce?

Question for the cross continental travelers: other than being made in Wisconsin, are they really any different then the curds I can get from my local 'cheesery'? Great lookin' M & C, Morgan.

Did you cook the squeak out of the curds Morgan?:p
Fantastic looking mac, and sausages!
Of course Bob!!

Thanks folks for the kind words!! Tell ya the truth I had never had a cheese curd and didn't even know what to do with them!!

Sauce was pretty simple...make a roux with butter and flour...add milk...add cheese ( I added some parm cheese as well) cook it till thick!

This is quite different from blue box Mac and cheese which my family knows best so not sure how crazy they were about this!

Thanks again!

Question for the cross continental travelers: other than being made in Wisconsin, are they really any different then the curds I can get from my local 'cheesery'? Great lookin' M & C, Morgan.

Those cheese curds would be fine to make mac and cheese... or poutine... or fried cheese curds... The fresher the cheese curds are, the better!

Great idea...now I need to get some CI. I like how the dawgs are cooked over the M&C, probably added some additional flavor.

lodge @ amazon seems to be the best deal.... I got an 8" chef's skillet, a 10", & 2 12" skillets... really have enjoyed it so far

Looks good! Careful though, some of the fanatics I know around here might yell at you for 'defiling' the curds ;)

Back