Wind got my Master Touch!

Years ago I had the seat cushions on my boat re done, took my son, about 6 years old, fishing the next day. I was teaching to rig poles and use a pocket knife, told him to always put the knife some place safe when he wasn't using it. His idea of safe was to bury the blade in the seat cushion.
Well... the knife was safe, wasn’t it?

I dropped my OTP lid back in 2012 when the grill was only a few months old. Sick to the stomach about but 9 years later although there is an unsightly couple of chips the metal shows no sign of rusting through. When I remember I apply a thin layer of WD40 just to protect it from the weather as it is outside 365 (with a cover)

I got my new lid today. I moved the thermometer and handle over from the old lid. Once again it's like brand new.

I put a ding in the lid of my new Deep Ocean Blue MT last summer, on the first time I used it. Just like you, I was sick about it.

Can I ask what the new lid cost ?

I put a ding in the lid of my new Deep Ocean Blue MT last summer, on the first time I used it. Just like you, I was sick about it.

Can I ask what the new lid cost ?
They first quoted me 98 dollars, but after I asked if there was anything they could do, they came back with 58 dollars (plus about 10 dollars shipping). I wish it had been less, but it was worth it to me because it was so new.

When I had to replace mine (high winds 2013) in Black it was $65 so, yours in mint green, doesn’t sound too bad. It’s just irritating to have to do it!

When I had to replace mine (high winds 2013) in Black it was $65 so, yours in mint green, doesn’t sound too bad. It’s just irritating to have to do it!
I agree, it's worth it. I just couldn't deal with the damage on a brand new grill. I used it last night for a family gathering. I cooked a bunch of skinless chicken thighs on it. I cooked 4 racks of ribs on my 14.5 wsm to go with them. Everything turned out great. I really enjoy the extra height and the lid bail of the MT.

That sucks. About 7 years ago I got a Genesis E-310 and after a month straight line winds came through overnight and blew it over. Had to replace both doors, the manifold and all three knobs. I think it set me back around $200. My 22" Kettle didn't move at all.

I assembled my 26" kettle in my living room so as not to scratch it up (my first new grill!) then being a guy I decided to take it down the steps in one fel swoop, yep stumbled a bit coming down and there went the lid right on the gravel driveway! :mad: Never did call Weber tho. :(

spring time = thunderstorms, I was surprised how much wind my 22-1\2 kettle took before it finally blew out into the yard off my patio... we had 50+mph storm front gusts which finally threw it out into the yard...thankfully only a minor dent on lid lip which I bent back into shape without chipping the finish.... with my performer I started putting bricks inside of it and into the charcoal storage to weigh it down during storms ...it never moved so far

Back