Will there be any Memorial Day Weekend Charcoal Sales this year?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I'm still optimistic that there will be. But that said, it's worth noting that Lowes is no longer doing their weekly adds. The reason for this is clearly not to draw people into their stores which is a good thing right now.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things are in another 6+ weeks.....

at this point, i'm not too concerned about sales, as long as I can get the stuff I need from a safe environment, i'll be happy.

at this point, i'm not too concerned about sales, as long as I can get the stuff I need from a safe environment, i'll be happy.
I agree. I bought some FOGO Charcoal 2 weeks ago. It was on sale, an extra 10% off, and free shipping. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived on Sunday.

Due to the summer fire restrictions the last three years my stash has held up well. I haven't bought any charcoal in the last three years and I still have
11 18LB. bags of KBB, 1 bag of Kingsford pro, 2 bags of royal oak and 2 1/2 30LB. bags of western lump. Should be good for a few more years.

Thankfully I got like 10 bags of KBB, and at least that many 17.6 bags of RO lump, and 4-30 lb bags of Western lump. So I’m good until at least July 4th

Last edited:
Around us they have roped off non essential aisles at WM and Costco, that I know of. Wonder if they consider charcoal essential.

Isn't there usually a sale right around Easter on KBB as well? Haven't seen anything about that yet either. I'm getting ridiculously low and I hate to pay regular price for charcoal!

Around us they have roped off non essential aisles at WM and Costco, that I know of. Wonder if they consider charcoal essential.

Hey Bob,

I was in Costco today (I'll post more about this in a thread I'll get going in a bit under Just Conversation). Anyway they did have Kingsford Professional Charcoal in stock. It was located in the back just behind the walk-in fridge where they keep all the dairy products. They also had a couple big pallets stacked way up high back there too. It is regular price now.

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Read in the Arizona Republic newspaper that MLB is thinking of having all 30 teams come to Phoenix and use Chase stadium and all the spring training fields and play all the games here. Don't think that will work out well.

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Read in the Arizona Republic newspaper that MLB is thinking of having all 30 teams come to Phoenix and use Chase stadium and all the spring training fields and play all the games here. Don't think that will work out well.

Yeah I saw that Rich, nothing would surprise me these days. I just had to order some beers and stuff from BevMo and they make you use an app and the stuff is waiting at the front door, everyone has to have on masks including us. WEIRD TIMES!!

Back