Will it fit ?

GavinH

TVWBB Member
Hi ,
I've just scored this oldie for $35 usd and am off to pick it up tomorrow (20 min drive away)
I have a Subaru Legacy Wagon and am not sure about wrangling it into the back
Any moving advice ?
Take off the hood ? remove cook box ? borrow a trailer (I have a tow bar)
Thanks

1649483059.jpg

I think you could get it in with the hood removed. Those tables show it was from the cost saving special edition. I can’t recall the name, but maybe Spirit 700. It is not very common from what I can tell. Always reminded me of the old Studebaker Scotsman.

Thanks so much...that's a great video !
I'll take a photo when I load it up and post it in the next few days

The inside shot of the grill is not pretty...I will have some serious scraping to do...definitely a couple of tarps needed to protect my wagon.

1649483207.jpg

Thanks so much...that's a great video !
I'll take a photo when I load it up and post it in the next few days

The inside shot of the grill is not pretty...I will have some serious scraping to do...definitely a couple of tarps needed to protect my wagon.

View attachment 41331
I'd switch it up...griddle on the left, grate on the right...but being "down under", maybe griddle on the right makes more sense :D

I agree with Dan, box for inner parts, the bars are probably filthy if they are even solid enough to take out intact.be prepared for a lot of rust flakes and so forth.

Ahh, you're in Auckland! I have been working on a contract (which just ended) out of Auckland lately. I hope all seven of your coronavirus cases are over ha ha, really an excellent global example over there.

I forgot to mention that this is a pretty great opportunity to justify buying a pickup truck, in case that did not come to mind.

Just trying to be helpful :)

Now that you’ve got it home, how do the innards look? Glad you got it home with little frustration.
Your journey down the rabbit hole begins when you get it apart.😉

The inside looks ok. Needs a bit of a scrape and a scrub. The burners look ok too.
The flaky stuff inside the hood is peeling off already for a proper clean. The tray underneath is really good.
The gas valves will need a clean, one is super stiff.
Otherwise I'm happy so far. I will see how weber NZ is for parts if I need any.

20211130_180247.png20211130_180253.png
Compared to my other one its quite a size difference.

20211130_184640.png

A 1 inch plastic paint scraper will change your life, or a flexible metal one. BEST tool to get all that stuff out

Back