Wild Card Sunday Cooks

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
Today turned out to be a cooking day, even though it wasn't planned this way.

For breakfast I smoked a fatty for my wife. She likes her fatties plain so I just sauteed some button mushrooms and sprinkled shredded cheddar on them. After chilling a bit while the WSM warmed up, I sprinkled the fatty with some rub. I fried a couple eggs for my plate to accompany it.

At halftime of the Seahawks v. Vikings game I put on a sirloin I had picked up at a new butcher. I very much liked the cut and freshness of the meat. I think I'll be visiting this new guy some more. The kettle didn't get as hot as I wanted so I went a couple minutes longer. Eh. I shouldn't have. It cooked past medium-rare, but was still tasty. I opened a bottle of 2013 Maipe Cabernet Reserva Mendoza (Argentina) that had wanted to try for a bit now.

It's late now, but the Roadside Chicken just came off the Performer. It's been a while since I made some. We are very pleased with tonight's offering. The marinade really flavored these thighs. Lunch tomorrow will be a treat.

Nothing special but a full day out on the deck on Wild Card Sunday!

Wow, a fatty, steak and Roadside chicken, plus throw in two fried eggs.. All in one day! You know how to enjoy game day! It all looks delicious.

Fatty going on the list to do, that looks fantastic. You nail those cooks for sure.
Looks like you a an outstanding cooking day, awesome job.

Back