Who's into rotisserie chicken, or rotisserie anything?

When I rotisserie a rib roast I make sure it has a good fat cap and run the spit perpendicular to the bones, not parallel with. This way the cap and the bones act as buffers and take the heat, and it's less likely the sides will be overdone (by my standards). And who doesn't love a little morsel of crispy beef fat?

If the ribs have been separated from the main roast I often slice the meat perpendicularly as well.

When I rotisserie a rib roast I make sure it has a good fat cap and run the spit perpendicular to the bones, not parallel with. This way the cap and the bones act as buffers and take the heat, and it's less likely the sides will be overdone (by my standards). And who doesn't love a little morsel of crispy beef fat?

If the ribs have been separated from the main roast I often slice the meat perpendicularly as well.
Interesting

I will rotisserie roast this weekend a beef roast. Plan is to skewer parallel to bones. Weber Performer.

IMG_7581.jpegIMG_7586.jpeg

51 hours dry brined with Montreal Seasoning first then Q-Salt.

Onto the Weber Performer. Kingsford Blue with Royal Oak lump on top. Chunk of apple for smoke. Running 350F. Smells devine….

IMG_7599.jpegIMG_7606.jpeg

Last edited:
I managed to fix the motor of the rotisserie (battery), so had a go at chicken.
But only took a picture of the start...
Potato, onion and garlic in the drip pan

I generally take out the drip pan towards the end and spread out the coals to finish of the chicken

Picture doesn't want to load....

I finally figured a way to hook up my rotisserie on my auto kamado. ( Hole saw to the rescue )
The table doesn't drop down like a non atc powered Akorn.
Doing a chicken in about three days after it defrosts.

Attachments

• 20240701_133308.jpg
    20240701_133308.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240701_133312.jpg
    20240701_133312.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240701_133317.jpg
    20240701_133317.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6

Back