Who says you can't get a crust?

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So who says you cannot get a crust on a steak with a pellet popper? Well, last night I did just that. Got some "choice" ribeyes at Sam's. As luck would have it Sam's is VERY deceptive on packaging. So the one "bad one" the one more like chuck than ribeye was hidden gristle side down and under the label :sneaky: while the other 2 were nice ones. Also a bit thinner than I normally cook and they normally slice (being only 1" rather than the normal 1.5" I see from them). I also purposely over cooked this one slightly due to all the fat and connective tissue (like chuck). Anyway it worked and while a bit "over" it was also better eating. I hope to see how the other 2 fare when I get to cooking them. I'm thinking though I really want to try one of the Cowboy Ribeye steaks then sell in there
1664457250843.jpeg

So who says you cannot get a crust on a steak with a pellet popper? Well, last night I did just that. Got some "choice" ribeyes at Sam's. As luck would have it Sam's is VERY deceptive on packaging. So the one "bad one" the one more like chuck than ribeye was hidden gristle side down and under the label :sneaky: while the other 2 were nice ones. Also a bit thinner than I normally cook and they normally slice (being only 1" rather than the normal 1.5" I see from them). I also purposely over cooked this one slightly due to all the fat and connective tissue (like chuck). Anyway it worked and while a bit "over" it was also better eating. I hope to see how the other 2 fare when I get to cooking them. I'm thinking though I really want to try one of the Cowboy Ribeye steaks then sell in there
View attachment 60279
I want to try one of these.D6086FA8-B03B-4B55-B0E9-DA7670999098.jpeg

Back