Who likes Paella?!?!?

Andre Ainokea

TVWBB Member
Well today was another Sunday family dinner & I didn't feel like grilling numerous items nor bother making sides, so what better to make than paella!

I used 2 chimneys of Kingsfords charcoal. I like to start cooking once all the charcoals are white ashed.

I opted for chicken breast this go around. I threw on some olive oil and cooked the chicken breast until golden brown then added the sofrito.

I didn't have enough bomba rice (bad planning on my part) so I used some Goya brand Spanish rice

While putting this dish together I had some chicken stock boiling (which I think is key) on stand-by to pour as well as some steeped saffron.

I let the rice cook for a bit then added the fresh water prawns & muscles to the mix.

What better way to top off paella than a big-a$$ lobster :cool:

Fantastic. I agree with your statement about the lobster. It's a great garnish. :p Did you pre-cook it and just warm it up on there, or start it cold?

Fantastic. I agree with your statement about the lobster. It's a great garnish. :p Did you pre-cook it and just warm it up on there, or start it cold?

I had the "garnish" boiling while I was putting everything together (10 min or so) then topped it off.

Back