Which Weber 1000 grill should I buy?

If I had to pick one, I would go with the three burner. But, in reality, I would probably wait to find a 1000 series or higher...maybe even a Silver B.
I tagged you in the other thread Bruce. I agree a Silver B would probably be a great choice.

If you take the lid off of either and lay the rest on its side they will fit in my 96 Volvo wagon.
If you remove the cook box also, doing the same with the rest they will fit in John G (Boston)'s Prius

@Bruce what about the blue one above ?
The guy selling this grill asked me if i want $40 for it. He said it has a full propane tank, cover and utensils. Maybe I should take a look at it for now?

Attachments

• 7C5E8C0A-FC99-4643-9715-78AA4D717755.png
    7C5E8C0A-FC99-4643-9715-78AA4D717755.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 869C1C4D-1F8C-40C1-B454-8487B671C6CD.png
    869C1C4D-1F8C-40C1-B454-8487B671C6CD.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 57BD2DEC-0BBC-4D64-B5AB-C398E6D6F2FC.png
    57BD2DEC-0BBC-4D64-B5AB-C398E6D6F2FC.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 15
The guy selling this grill asked me if i want $40 for it. He said it has a full propane tank, cover and utensils. Maybe I should take a look at it for now?
There's nothing wrong with that one for $40. It shares many parts with the later Silver B models which are relatively cheap and easy to come by. ( the parts and the grills)

There's nothing wrong with that one for $40. It shares many parts with the later Silver B models which are relatively cheap and easy to come by. ( the parts and the grills)
Does it look in okay condition? I know DanHoo said one of them looked in bad condition but I’m not sure if he was talking about this one or the one with the extra side burner.

From what I can see in the pictures it could use a good cleaning, but otherwise looks OK for a 25 year old grill. It may need new burner tubes or flavorizer bars, but those are cheap and easy to find on ebay or Amazon.

I just needed something simple but I would like the grill to stay hot during the winter months. Is the two burner ok for this. I am only 23 and need something for me and my gf for our patio.
Simple? Hot during cold months? Cooking for 2? Patio grill? I’d change gears and be looking for a nice used Q series. They’re plentiful, affordable, easy to maintain, and cook like the dickens while ticking all of the above boxes. See my signature for the arsenal of grills I have available to choose from and then don’t be surprised when I tell you that the wife and I cook on the Q1200 more often than any of the others combined.

Get the blue one!!!!!!
Way, way cooler. As long as the box hasn’t been through a thermonuclear meltdown, and not bowed it’s a cool unit. Definitely go for a three burner, regardless. Much more versatile.

A $10 silver B near you.

View attachment 61334

I contacted this guy and he wants more then 10. He was also very rude lol. I ended up getting the 3 burner for $40. I’m very happy with it. The firebox looks very good. The only rust is on the flavor bars. The cast iron grates are immaculate. The 3 burner knobs are cracked but does not effect structural integrity of the knobs at all. I fired it up and waited 10 minutes and it ended up getting to slightly over 600 degrees! I’m very happy with this grill. I think I would’ve liked the blue one even more but this one was less money and came with a full propane tank

Also I had a quick disconnect on the propane tank and hose. Is this okay?

I contacted this guy and he wants more then 10. He was also very rude lol. I ended up getting the 3 burner for $40. I’m very happy with it. The firebox looks very good. The only rust is on the flavor bars. The cast iron grates are immaculate. The 3 burner knobs are cracked but does not effect structural integrity of the knobs at all. I fired it up and waited 10 minutes and it ended up getting to slightly over 600 degrees! I’m very happy with this grill. I think I would’ve liked the blue one even more but this one was less money and came with a full propane tank

A full tank of propane is easily worth $20 so it sounds like a winner. If all it needs is new knobs, then you should be in good shape.

I'm not well versed in the quick disconnects. I've only seen pictures of them. I'm sure someone will give you some input on them.

And people wonder why people are crazy about Webers. But after a few hours on this site it quite obvious...
Hope you find one that fits you. But remember they last forever so a few extra features may be worth it In a couple of years.

It's OK until the tank is empty, then it could be a problem. They stopped making quick disconnect tanks a long time ago so getting it refilled might be tough. On the other hand you could exchange it for a newer tank, but then you would have to change the fitting on the regulator or get a new hose and regulator.

It's OK until the tank is empty, then it could be a problem. They stopped making quick disconnect tanks a long time ago so getting it refilled might be tough. On the other hand you could exchange it for a newer tank, but then you would have to change the fitting on the regulator or get a new hose and regulator.
Is it normally free to exchange these tanks. How can I be able to change just the fitting on the regulator? Is there some sort of quick disconnect to screw on fitting?

Last edited:
Is it normally free to exchange these tanks. How can I be able to change just the fitting on the regulator? Is there some sort of quick disconnect to screw on fitting?
Lots of places will exchange the tank.

Post pics of the tank side connections so we know what you are working with.

Changing the fitting is a piece of cake. You just need an ACME nut. Cheap and allows you to keep the much higher quality OEM regulator

Back