Which Weber 1000 grill should I buy?

It’s very wise to have a spare tank between some that were given to me by my brother in law and one that came with my Genesis I have six! They come in very handy when using the patio heater!

I have owned a Spirit 700 since it was new in 1994, and I think your grill is its duplicate
It came with one bottom tray and two clips for hanging tools; the 900 had 2 trays and 3 clips.
Oddly enough it also had a lower profile lid than 1000s and silver b’s, but the same footprint
It still works great!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the rack inside your grill belongs on the bottom of it.View attachment 61358View attachment 61359
wow you guys are just amazing here. Ive never been in a forum that was this helpful and nice. Ill put the tray on the right way! I noticed that there are groves where the tray is currently. Is the grill missing a part?

Also, my knobs are all cracked but they do not affect the structural integrity of the knob. Do you know where I can find knobs for cheapish? Mainly for looks. Are the knobs compatiable with other grills?

When I look for parts for the grill, are there other webers that share the same parts with this one?

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    665.3 KB · Views: 9
I have owned a Spirit 700 since it was new in 1994, and I think your grill is its duplicate
It came with one bottom tray and two clips for hanging tools; the 900 had 2 trays and 3 clips.
Oddly enough it also had a lower profile lid than 1000s and silver b’s, but the same footprint
It still works great!
Is my grill the spirit 700? if not, do you know which model it is?

Thank you

When on LP rule of thumb ALWAYS have more than one tank filled. Or you risk serving raw food. As for tape or dope. IF you use tape use yellow gas rated tape. The size of that fitting is right on the edge of tape being effective. But, buy yourself a little tube of gas rated dope. Like this https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...72-c-8531.htm?tid=-7102217105512461570&ipos=7
It's handy stuff
So basically dope is the way to go in my case? Ill buy some when im ready to change the fitting!

wow you guys are just amazing here. Ive never been in a forum that was this helpful and nice. Ill put the tray on the right way! I noticed that there are groves where the tray is currently. Is the grill missing a part?

Also, my knobs are all cracked but they do not affect the structural integrity of the knob. Do you know where I can find knobs for cheapish? Mainly for looks. Are the knobs compatiable with other grills?

When I look for parts for the grill, are there other webers that share the same parts with this one?

Here is the schematic for the Spirit 700. Once you find the weber part, you can often find the part in common.

In the pics, it looked like the knobs were the same style as the older genesis, but I can't tell for sure. The genesis 1000 knobs are slightly different from the Silver B/C knobs so if you can post a close up, someone here might have some.

Here is a very close substitute from BBQParts.com (Scroll down the parts list to see). They are a very reputable company and will treat you right. They also sell a very fine set of stainless rod grates and other parts for older Webers.

Yep, these guys here are the real McCoy! If you need help they step right up! Bruce has walked me through a ton of “***” projects on my Genesis. Sent info on parts, part numbers and all kinds of stuff. I was just starting that Genesis and I shot a note to Bruce and he was back to me in a matter of hours! All the folks here are generous to say the least!
Welcome to the circus!
Oh, yes there is a rack that can fit there but, I’ve found that they are just a pain to work around. Just my 2cents.

Is my grill the spirit 700? if not, do you know which model it is?

Thank you
Yours could also be a 900, which as far as I can tell is a prittier 700 with one more tray, one more accessory hook, and durawood slat tables instead of plastic ones. It doesn't look like yours has any of those features.
I think the 900s were pretty neat grills, rivaling their cousins in appearance but without the deep cookboxes of the contemporary Genesis models.

Back