Which Weber 1000 grill should I buy?

Lots of places will exchange the tank.

Post pics of the tank side connections so we know what you are working with.
Will places exchange the tank with one of those exchange brands like blue rhino. Or can they exchange it with a tank I can get filled at a propane dealer?

That piece goes on the regulator. Not the tank. When the tank runs out you currently have simply exchange it at a Blue Rhino place or the like

So can I just attach this piece when it comes time to bring my tank to a propane dealer for filling? So they can hook it up?
No, you can try and get the tank you have refilled. If that doesn't work, exchange it for another one and change the fitting on the grill's regulator.

Nope, they all have the same universal fitting.
ohh i see thats good. I guess then the only minor issue is having the blue rhino sticker on the tank lol. I will end up doing this if I cant find anyone to refill my quick disconect. Might as well get rid of it because this tank is probably 30 years old. Would you recommend one tank over the other or are they all about the same (blue rhino vs amerigas)?

ohh i see thats good. I guess then the only minor issue is having the blue rhino sticker on the tank lol. I will end up doing this if I cant find anyone to refill my quick disconect. Might as well get rid of it because this tank is probably 30 years old. Would you recommend one tank over the other or are they all about the same?
If you can't get it refilled, don't throw it away. You can still exchange it for a new style, full tank. It will save you a lot of money over just buying a new tank. It doesn't matter which provider you use, they are all pretty much the same.

If you can't get it refilled, don't throw it away. You can still exchange it for a new style, full tank. It will save you a lot of money over just buying a new tank.
I will definetly exchange the tank. I meant I will get rid of the tank meaning exchange it.

I believe blue rhino used to sell tanks that couldnt be filled anywhere else. But this is no longer true

Thank you so much for all your help. Thank you everyone!

My grill came with a quick connect tank when I got it back in 1998. A few years later they changed to what the fitting is now. I always got my tanks refilled at the local hardware store but they wouldn't do it after the tanks were ten years old. They could tell just by looking at them obviously, but they did let me exchange them for new ones and I just replaced the regulator on the grill.

My grill came with a quick connect tank when I got it back in 1998. A few years later they changed to what the fitting is now. I always got my tanks refilled at the local hardware store but they wouldn't do it after the tanks were ten years old. They could tell just by looking at them obviously, but they did let me exchange them for new ones and I just replaced the regulator on the grill.
seems like i am not going to find anyone who will fill this tank lol. I have no problem exchanging the tank. I have a full tank still so ill end up worrying about this in a few weeks

You might get lucky on the refill, you might as well try first. In the meantime use up what you have and start cooking on it!

Recco: keep two full tanks on hand, always. This way when you run out of gas mid cook you just install the full one and replace the empty one. I ran out of gas a few times. Now I have NG. But now I cook with coal, exclusively.

Back