Which Roti?

Jeff F

TVWBB Super Fan
Since price is virtually the same, I'm coming here for advice on whether to buy the Weber factory rotisserie or the Cajun Bandit. Anyone had hands-on with both of them?

I kind of like the idea of the Cajun Bandit using batteries for the motor...but on the other hand, I've never seen anything battery powered that had as much power as something corded.

Any chance you can get specs for the motors in terms of how much weight they can spin at certain RPM? A battery-powered motor can usually be adapted down from 110 AC so if that's possible with the Cajun Bandit it might be something to consider.

Or buy the Weber and keep a modified spit and horizontal Briggs & Stratton as backup.;)

Hi Jeff, I have the CB ss ring and OneGrill battery-powered and the corded motors. The CB ring is a perfect fit for my performer and also can be used on my WSM. The battery-powered motor works great, I've had no problem turning a #10 Turkey. I use the corded motor on my Genesis. If I were in the market for a rotie ring and motor I would not hesitate to buy the CB package with the battery operated motor.
What ever you chose, good luck and good spinning.

Bill

I agree with Bill. If you ever get a WSM the CB will fit both the WSM and kettle. I have a CB and have turned many a bird or two at a time and I think this years turkey was a little over 20 lbs. I have maybe 20 hours on the batteries and haven't replaced them yet.

Last edited:
I have the CB ring for my Performer and opted for the option to flip it to fit Smokey Mountain 22". It is very well made and I've had no problems with the rotisserie motor.

I appreciate all the replies. I am certainly leaning CB after all the praise in this and other threads.

Jeff,

I have the Weber roti ring and it is OK. I have successfully used it for a large (14-15lb) turkey and a whole pork loin. the motor has never had any problem at all. It does have fit issues though which would make it less desirable for smoking/low temp grilling. It works great for high heat (which is mainly what I want it for). If I ever want to use it for low and slow, I am going to have to make a gasket for it. For this reason if I was going to buy another for some reason I would probably get the CB...

Regards,

John

I have both and prefer the CB since I can use it on my WSM also. I also like the fact that there is no power cord (ulness you get an adapter) to trip over.

On the newer Weber Roto rings they have done away with the three tabs holding it in place and have incorporated a snug fit similar to the CB ring. This eliminates heat/smoke loss and the need for a gasket. I have the CB ring with the cordless motor and as others have stated have had no problem with it what-so-ever. The batteries (2 D Size) last a very long time and do not struggle to turn a heavy load. The only downside to the CB is that the motor mount is not as long as the Weber and I have found it impossible when using it to fit the spit into a corded motor such as the Weber.

the CB battery - powered motor is GREAT!
I use mine ALOT (hours on top of hours on top of hours & MORE!) and still on the first two Energizers
NEVER an issue with it.

if I remember correctly, CB makes TWO rings... one regular for Weber grills and one that is reversible, fitting BOTH the 22" grill AND the 22" WSM.
Careful which one you order if you want the reversible one.

AND, the CB is TOP-NOTCH Quality!

Back