Where to buy wood chunks

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
These days, I have to go to the next county to buy wood chunks, and they have gone way up in price and are too small. Yeh, home depot hickory chunks are OK, but I am looking for others like “apple, cherry, mesquite, etc..” Does anyone suggest a decent mail order site?
I am in St.Petersburg Florida

give doitbest.com a click.
10 lbs of apple, cherry, pecan, mesq for only $8.99 and FREE SHIPPING to one of their outlets near you.
I use them and travel only 8 miles to pick up.
The best deal I've found.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
give doitbest.com a click. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've never heard of them, but that is a deal. There's a store a couple towns over. I've bookmarked it.

Thanks!

try www.hawgeyesbbq.com .The prices seem to be pretty good.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmfast:I think I will have to give doitbest.com a try. The prices looks really good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You Will Not Regret Using DIB! You'll Be A Repeat Customer!!

How about an apple orchard. A friend and I drove to a local orchard this spring and bought about 180lbs of apple logs for $15! It took a couple hours to cut a good portion of it but it was kinda fun.

Oh yeah, the apple wood is far better quality than the stuff Weber sells for over $1/pound.

Now I need to locate some quality cherry trees. Maybe a drive to famous Door County will be in order sometime this fall/winter.

One more vote for DIB. I just picked up 40 lbs of wood this last saturday afternoon at the store. The owner tells me every time that he loves the online stuff. He doesn't have to stock it but he gets the credit for the sale.

I can't beat the deal anywhere and the wood is really good quality. The vast majority of the wood chunks are fist size with minimal bark.

Russ

+1 on mainegrillingwoods.com They aren't cheap, but they deliver quality. The aroma when you open that box is wonderful.

There are also several sellers on eBay, believe it or not, that are highly recommended. I haven't used them though.

And, as mentioned, local orchards are a great find.

I just use what junks are left over from my wood pile. I usually only burn oak anyhow. I can't imagine buying wood chunks, but then I am a country hick.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albert Adato:
I see that they only have Apple and Cherry chunks on the website or maybe is me that only found those two? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Use their SEARCH for the type of wood chunks you're looking for.

I have found a LOT here on CL and resonable $$ just have to keep watch is all . these guys most a sell you a trunk full or a truck load I have found everthing apple cherry peach pear oak maple and even hickory and we don't have as far as I know a hickory tree left in this state . Good luck
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back