When you’re voluntold to make a…

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Meyer lemon cheesecake for a friend’s gathering.

A few weeks back I was gifted a bunch of amazing Meyer lemons at a dear friend’s bday celebration.

And since we had a calendared get together planned for tonight, I was voluntold to make a lemon cheesecake with some of those lemons.

Another brutal week this week and I whipped this cheesecake up and got it into the oven at 9P

It cooked for an hour and then per the recipe, let it rest in the oven after cooking.

I woke up early to get this cheesecake in the fridge to cool.

1706367200772.jpeg

Looks great,

My niece made cheese cake with some locally grown mandarin oranges. If you haven't tried this already Brett, you should give that a try some time.

Meyer lemon cheesecake for a friend’s gathering.

A few weeks back I was gifted a bunch of amazing Meyer lemons at a dear friend’s bday celebration.

And since we had a calendared get together planned for tonight, I was voluntold to make a lemon cheesecake with some of those lemons.

Another brutal week this week and I whipped this cheesecake up and got it into the oven at 9P

It cooked for an hour and then per the recipe, let it rest in the oven after cooking.

I woke up early to get this cheesecake in the fridge to cool.
I'd eat the whole thing :)

You must have some gotos. Or like enoughs. Interested. Or do you never repeat recipes?! That would be amazing.
Regulars, comfort, party, fancy, fast, cheap, easy, love.

You must have some gotos. Or like enoughs. Interested. Or do you never repeat recipes?! That would be amazing.
Regulars, comfort, party, fancy, fast, cheap, easy, love.
I have a binder called "Tried Index". I list every recipe we make in it's category, like Chicken, Beef, Pork, Dessert etc.. Then the recipe goes in another binder by year. I started doing this in 1988. I use 3" and 4". I am now filling up my 6 th binder starting with 2021.

The last time I counted, back in 8-31-23, there were 226 recipes made 2X and 67 recipes made 3X or more. So yes, we do have a few favorites. 🥰

I have a binder called "Tried Index". I list every recipe we make in it's category, like Chicken, Beef, Pork, Dessert etc.. Then the recipe goes in another binder by year. I started doing this in 1988. I use 3" and 4". I am now filling up my 6 th binder starting with 2021.

The last time I counted, back in 8-31-23, there were 226 recipes made 2X and 67 recipes made 3X or more. So yes, we do have a few favorites. 🥰
I see a recipe book in the future. Pre-order two for me.
Tried and Tested True Recipes for Happiness

Oh man, I love cheesecake. New York style is the best! I'm not a big fan of lemon flavored dessert, but I've seen your other cheesecakes and they are droolworthy for sure!

Steve, in my 1" binder filled with cheesecake recipes, I have 4 that are calling themselves "Lindy's New York Style" cheesecake and 2 that says just "New York Cheesecake and a recipe from a famous restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. "Chuck's Steak House Cheesecake". Oh, and one for "Reba Mcentire's Orange Cheesecake". and I just saw one that I want DH to make REAL SOON, "Butter Pecan Cheesecake" 😋 😋 😋 😋 😋 😋

Last edited:

Back