What's your favorite WSM accessories?

A nice rack of ribs, some chicken thighs, turkey drumsticks, pork roast, and a nice steak to smoke, preferably chuckeye or ribeye, or a corned beef brisket.
I try to keep things simple.

It's gotta be the Maverick for me. It makes it so much easier to monitor. I know some people think it's cheating but I love it.
I'd really like to get a BBQ guru next.

Would have to say Maverick for me as well, then rib rack.

Pitmaster IQ, notch cut in upper lip for probe wires......then again, that's all I've done! hahah

I want wheels, a hinge, a set of handles and I'm not sure that I need a CB door.....it seems to seal and I never open it...

I really like the cart with side burner.....that is a great setup!

Maverick. (It's not cheating. It's cooking smart).
CB Door w/Compression Latch.
Oversized charcoal ring.
Chimney.
Notch for probe wires.
Aussie Heat Beads.
Tin Can.

Last edited:
My is still a bit bare in terms of add-on's. The only mod/accessory it possesses is the charcoal basket mod (18.5" grate clamped onto the coal ring, setting atop my 22.5 grate).

A few of the mods like the hingle lid and the new door seem like a luxory to me. But to each there own.
Actually, casters might be my next step, but I've yet to really need to move it so...

WSM - has to have the door, gasket upgraded thermometer and as stated the chimney is also a give (Weber 1st place for sure here) - my favorite has to be the Rib Rack rotisserie with a close 2nd being the performer cart I have it mounted on.

Flame Boss might be next favorite addition.

Back