What's your favorite "Pre-Made/Commercial" Rubs?

KenWood

I'm always looking to try new rubs, but I also prefer to buy the Commercial/pre-made kind you can buy versus making a receipe. I'll get there as I buy more spices.

What are some of your favorite rubs (links if possible)?

My favs:

Rendezvous Famous Seasoning
Big Bob Gibson's Rub
Bone Sucking Rub

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
I like Texas BBQ Rub, both the regular and "brisket blend". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same here and also Head Country. I always have these 3 on hand.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew B:
"Pride of Szeged" for chicken. I make my own for everything else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto times two. And it's not for want of trying commercial rubs, but I don't want salt and I don't want sugar. I have yet to see anything commercial without one or the other, or both.

Blues Hog for pork (more often something similar to Chris Lilly's recipe for pork shoulder rub these days).
Smokin Guns Hot for brisket
Head Country for chicken

Man, I have never bought a rub. Always just whipped them up. Guess I have an overabundance of supplies here, and have a problem paying for sugar, salt and regular paprika induced anything!

Doug, Jane. You should really break down one day and try the Texas BBQ Rubs. I really think you would like them.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jane Cherry:
Man, I have never bought a rub. Always just whipped them up. Guess I have an overabundance of supplies here, and have a problem paying for sugar, salt and regular paprika induced anything! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I'll have to start making mine after that spanking lol.
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You should really break down one day and try the Texas BBQ Rubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with Bryan S - this is a very good rub.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew B:
"Pride of Szeged" for chicken. I make my own for everything else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use that also, but I use Goya Adobo with it.

Head Country and Blues were on my list to try...but I was really surprised by all the Texas BBQ Rub comments that I'll have to get some now (and Dizzy too)

I use alot of stuff from HomeBBQ.com. I've met Kevin and his wife Clara a few timesaround my neck of the woods in Florida. He does the circuit and scores pretty well with consistency. He sells the same rubs he uses. He also has his own website thats more a forum than a sales magnet.
Check'em out: http://homebbq.com/

I really like the pork rub when injected with a little juice of my choosing. I've mixed with orange, peach, grape, and apple. They all pretty much come through good.

Back